Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Cannot believe this guy has been getting a game for 2 years now. He is woeful. We have 2 good midfielders at the club. If either are out then we really struggle. I would dread to think what would happen if both were out at the same time! 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He was summed up in the middle of the first half when Bolasie put in a half decent cross, and their cb headed it clear with ease, Hourihane didn't even bother jumping for it. 

He does it all the time. My favourite is when he pretends he is setting himself up for a volley knowing there is no chance that ball isn't getting headed.

He is gutless.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

stop the the boring “not allowed” shite.

He was terrible today.

He's quite often not great. Usually if you criticize him though people give you shit for it. He slips under the radar way too often.

When he receives the ball he has no idea what to do with it, even in advanced areas he either takes a shot or lays it off (usually backwards).

A proper midfielder would be building a radar in his head, watching runs, making a little picture in his head of where everyone is so you can keep the ball moving quickly. He always takes a touch to control it then looks up to see what to do with it. Then decides to give it sideways or backwards.

Unless of course there is a freekick. Then he earns his assists and goals. Thats what keeps him in the team. But when theres no Grealish winning all these free kicks then theres no point having Hourihane in the team.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, mickjacobjr said:

If we got a decent offer in Jan I would let him go offers very little other than the odd goal can’t run or tackle all he does is moan at ref for everything 

Decent offer? Who in their right mind is going to offer for him. 

Looks ok when Jack's playing and we are winning a game, completely goes missing when we need him most. 

Watched him a few times when he was at Barnsley and he was a completely different animal, bossing games, getting stuck in, spreading play ETC, I get that there was no pressure / expectation playing for them but was hoping for so much more from him at Villa.

• Like 1

Â