Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

On 12/08/2018 at 10:24, Dr_Pangloss said:

We don't need a DM for most games at this level,.

If the centre backs dominate their positions sufficiently I agree (i.e Laursen & Mellberg).....with the general improvement in the quality in midfield too....you could be right.

10 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

e0e4a1afb908854639805cc2f3ec00e7.png

Amazes me how some people say he is lazy, shit, or doesn't do enough .We literally have the most influential CM in the league, and people want more. Deluded fans.

We need to figure out a way to get McGinn, Grealish, and Hourihane on the field together. 

Elmo Chester axel rdl 

Thor/Whelan 

Mcginn grealish hourihane

Green

Davis

This id love to see!

Elmo and rdl have the pace to give us some width and all players playing in correct positions. If a new pacey left back comes in all the better as rdl can move back to the right.

Home grown attacking spine to boot!

Edited by Nigel

I wonder, can Conor play deeper and potentially take over the Jedinak/Thor role?

Maybe against weaker teams?

Conor
   McGinn                Jack
Adomah                        Green
                     Kodja

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I wonder, can Conor play deeper and potentially take over the Jedinak/Thor role?

Maybe against weaker teams?

Conor
   McGinn                Jack
Adomah                        Green
                     Kodja

Not for me, he's far too valuable further up the pitch. We have enough dms who can play the role better too.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

Problem is Conor is naturally an attacking mid. We turned him into a box to box mid last season, but turning him into a DM would be a big challenge. 

A couple of ideas I've see on here and I agree with would be these XIs:

1f57d2ad4dcfd44f7bc8e29f722cafdf.png Or f85e8e84b32bb09ee40fd219b4a803e1.png

Green showed in preseason he can play the striker role so having him sub for Murphy would be nice. Adomah also has struggled a bit as a winger in preseason and now in the season, but in Bruce's 3-5-2 formation, Adomah played striker and scored 3 goals. 

19 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Problem is Conor is naturally an attacking mid. We turned him into a box to box mid last season, but turning him into a DM would be a big challenge. 

A couple of ideas I've see on here and I agree with would be these XIs:

1f57d2ad4dcfd44f7bc8e29f722cafdf.png Or f85e8e84b32bb09ee40fd219b4a803e1.png

Green showed in preseason he can play the striker role so having him sub for Murphy would be nice. Adomah also has struggled a bit as a winger in preseason and now in the season, but in Bruce's 3-5-2 formation, Adomah played striker and scored 3 goals. 

Hutton at CB?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Keeper

RDL Tuanzebe Chester Hutton

Whelan

McGinn Lansbury Hourihane 

Grealish

Kodj

now of course we’d never see this, but this would blow the league away. Lansbury is no dm, so letting him link with other attacking players would bring the best out of him imo. rhm, Green, bb etc to be rotated in 

Â