Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, Zatman said:

lot of goals from midfield gone. Think could push for double figures for him as doubt he on a large salary

Of course but Bjarni scored 4-5 from limited appearences last season. To me his best position in midfield is box to box so same as Hourihane so I reckon he would get 10 + goals if he started 40 games next season.

Saw in the World cup guy got into plenty of scoring positions even if he couldn't finish any so to me little difference between him and Hourihane bar the odd free kick.

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If Bjarni wants to stay I'd sell tbh, think someone even in this league would spend 5-6m on him.

Maybe but they won't pay his wages as well. 

Another we are totally stuck with due to management incompetence. Bjarnasson will be the one to be sold because his signing fee was much lower (helps with FFP) and his wages are not out of kilter with what anyone else will pay. 

If we had just signed Bjarnasson instead of Hourihane and other similar players instead of we did we would not be facing financial apocalypse. 

Edited by sidcow

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Can he get 15 goals this season? Has a midfielder ever done that for us?

If he's left to play in advanced role instead of being kept back I don't see why not.

• 4 weeks later...

It’s a shame for Hourihane that McGinn seems to play in the same CM role. Thought he did ok when he came on and put the ball in for Thor with that left peg of his.

If only there was a way of getting McGinn, Hourihane and Grealish in the midfield.

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s a shame for Hourihane that McGinn seems to play in the same CM role. Thought he did ok when he came on and put the ball in for Thor with that left peg of his.

If only there was a way of getting McGinn, Hourihane and Grealish in the midfield.

Was thinking about this. Could we forego wingers and play those 3 infront of a DM?

Or - have those three in the middle rotating positions based on the play, would require more communication though. I think I’d prefer that and have our wide players as traditional midfielders, with two of the three central players more advanced.

Can’t see Bruce going for it though

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Was thinking about this. Could we forego wingers and play those 3 infront of a DM?

Or - have those three in the middle rotating positions based on the play, would require more communication though. I think I’d prefer that and have our wide players as traditional midfielders, with two of the three central players more advanced.

I think it could work if we perfect the three CB’s thing, and have the wingbacks... it’s a long shot but something like;

GK

CB.    CB.     CB

RB.                                   LB

DM

CM     CM     CM

ST

???

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

We don't need a DM for most games at this level,.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think it could work if we perfect the three CB’s thing, and have the wingbacks... it’s a long shot but something like;

GK

CB.    CB.     CB

DM

CM     CM     CM

ST

???

Or this but 2 defenders

13 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

GK

CB.    CB.     CB

DM

CM     CM     CM

ST

???

We're relying then on our full backs for width and that means more of this

aFQGxh.gif

That's alright by me.

• Like 1

Â