Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, another superb bit of business from the gaffer.

His dealings to date give me great confidence that given more money to spend, the quality will only increase.

What he's spent a fortune don't you know that?! The most expensively assembled squad in the history of the universe blah blah blah

;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

What he's spent a fortune don't you know that?! The most expensively assembled squad in the history of the universe blah blah blah

;)

The sad thing is, there are actually people here who believe that.

I imagine they all get together on weekends to discuss the flat earth 'theory'

Edited by bannedfromHandV
  • Haha 1

Another I’d try to keep and build the team around along with Grealish. He does go missing but on the whole he has been a great buy for us and I think he will have settled in that little bit more next season and will be better. Remember how bang average Petrov was his first 12 months with us?

• Like 1

Conor is hardly the problem in this squad. One of the few spots I think we are okay at going into next season. 

Hopefully he can continue to score from midfield. Also put him on set pieces and he will get a lot more assists. 

• Like 3

Said before the game was worried Fulham's quick passing would expose him. First half said it all.

Not mobile enough for this sort of opposition, would rather Bjarni or even Onomah would've got the nod alongside Jedinak as they're better running with ball.

• Like 2

the issue is - if you rely on Jed or Whelan to be the defensive holding players then you need someone dynamic who can really dictate forward play. But he goes missing far to often, he doesn't run our midfield and it is part of the reason we don't offer much going down the middle despite the efforts of Grealish.

I don't think he is a bad player, but for the formation we play and the way we play his role needs to be someone who has far more impact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Said before the game was worried Fulham's quick passing would expose him. First half said it all.

Not mobile enough for this sort of opposition, would rather Bjarni or even Onomah would've got the nod alongside Jedinak as they're better running with ball.

Good points, not clear he has a definite place here next season, the cut price fee almost certainly means he's on a high wage here, given the apparent demand there was for him. He's solid and gets a good amount of goals, but his lack of forward passing and sheer lack of pace and strength in midfield can be a problem.

Does nothing if he doesn't score. 11 goals isn't enough for the appearances.

So much improvement needed without Jack taking responsibility for him next season.

Edited by Tomaszk

13 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

the issue is - if you rely on Jed or Whelan to be the defensive holding players then you need someone dynamic who can really dictate forward play. But he goes missing far to often, he doesn't run our midfield and it is part of the reason we don't offer much going down the middle despite the efforts of Grealish.

I don't think he is a bad player, but for the formation we play and the way we play his role needs to be someone who has far more impact.

This with him and Jed /Whelan in the team you have 2 cms who play simple balls and release the ball early when you need one of them to be more direct

He did get better 2h and when he went off we lost all sense of shape altogether 

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Does nothing if he doesn't score. 11 goals isn't enough for the appearances.

So much improvement needed without Jack taking responsibility for him next season.

Wtf

Over the course of the season he's been great. He's had some poor performances and some excellent ones as well as scoring some crucial goals. Unless someone wants to give us a crazy offer for him he's without a doubt a keeper for me. 

All that said he went missing when it mattered most yesterday. Desperately disappointing 

Edited by villaglint

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If Bjarni wants to stay I'd sell tbh, think someone even in this league would spend 5-6m on him.

lot of goals from midfield gone. Think could push for double figures for him as doubt he on a large salary

Â