Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

12 hours ago, Dick said:

For another few weeks. Fans will turn on him again. 

Its not turning on him its making observations.

you can pick out flaws in a player to observe.....and still be happy with their overall game.

I think he plays better with space, close him down and he struggles to negate it.

Very good last night. It almost seems as though Hourihane is a bit of a Petrov in terms of doing a lot of unnoticed work during a game and then being looked upon as one of the poorer players in the side.

If you watch Hourihane off the ball he covers a ridiculous amount of ground in getting back to help out defensively, and then moving forward to support the attacking movement (as shown with his goal last night)

The pressure he puts players under when tracking back is something that stats don't pick up and is something we missed when he was out of the team last weekend.

10 goals from a midfielder is impressive, I think I read last night he is the first centre midfielder to score 10 goals for Villa since David Platt in 1990-91

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Its not turning on him its making observations.

you can pick out flaws in a player to observe.....and still be happy with their overall game.

I think he plays better with space, close him down and he struggles to negate it.

But fans can't make Bruce observations without being called negative or moaners. Sweet.

been a bit lukewarm as of late so it's great to see him putting in a shift again. ten goals ey? goddam that feels good considering they're coming from midfield. cheers to that.

2 hours ago, Dick said:

But fans can't make Bruce observations without being called negative or moaners. Sweet.

Dick thats not true.

but if you say hes shit or clueless or his tactics are wrong, without explaining specifically what you me, what do you expect.

Personally.....I would love to know why when defending corners we have no one on the half way line or near it......is one player 5'9/10 going to make that much difference in defending.

There, theres a bit of criticism to get on with.....but at least its explicit.

6 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Very good last night. It almost seems as though Hourihane is a bit of a Petrov in terms of doing a lot of unnoticed work during a game and then being looked upon as one of the poorer players in the side.

If you watch Hourihane off the ball he covers a ridiculous amount of ground in getting back to help out defensively, and then moving forward to support the attacking movement (as shown with his goal last night)

The pressure he puts players under when tracking back is something that stats don't pick up and is something we missed when he was out of the team last weekend.

10 goals from a midfielder is impressive, I think I read last night he is the first centre midfielder to score 10 goals for Villa since David Platt in 1990-91

He had a good game last night and his groundwork was as you say commendable.....but he wasn't nearly as good in the last 3 before last night.

12 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I don't think he pairs well with Jedinak

Unfortunately, whilst Jedinak has his uses in aerial duels, he is now too slow in the majority of games. He limits Hourihanes ability to get forward as he spends more time helping out defensively, this also limits the effectiveness of the team going forward.

• Like 1

I like Hourihane. In a couple of games he has been lack lustre, but then you could say that about a lot of our players.

But his energy, just watch the harrying he does off the ball.

And played further forward his attributes are more obvious.

Â