Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's had a string of poor displays now, his goal threat makes it difficult to drop him, but unless he plays well in the second half he has to be taken out of team.

Much, much too light.....passenger.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 19:58, bobzy said:

Surely he will be sacked off for Lansbury next game.  Surely.

Only disappointment for me tonight - particularly with his **** ludicrous tackle on Costa.  He's been woeful (but, granted, scored a few goals) for a few games now.

Same again.  Utter garbage.

Hope it's not gonna be more of that 'he does the things that go unnoticed' He passes the ball a bit.....and very little else. I'm surprised to some he's a comfortable starter, his goals mask a lot of his performances imo. When the team loses and he doesn't score it's laid bare to see. He's not lazy or anything like that but he's really slow to cover ground because he's quite a slow runner. When you have 2 or 3 of those in midfield it's really shown up.

Lansbury should be at least getting a shot in there at this stage.

Edited by Trickster

5 minutes ago, Trickster said:

Hope it's not gonna be more of that 'he does the things that go unnoticed' He passes the ball a bit.....and very little else. I'm surprised to some he's a comfortable starter, his goals mask a lot of his performances imo. When the team loses and he doesn't score it's laid bare to see. He's not lazy or anything like that but he's really slow to cover ground because he's quite a slow runner. When you have 2 or 3 of those in midfield it's really shown up.

Lansbury should be at least getting a shot in there at this stage.

I don't think its the time for character assasinations.....but for all his good points when we are winning, he can go missing ( off the ball) when we are losing.

The problem is we have too many similar.

We lack the dominant type to sit in and dictate......Jed does it a bit ,but too slow.

we have too many similar midfielders imo, so its difficult to change anything significant.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't think its the time for character assasinations.....but for all his good points when we are winning, he can go missing ( off the ball) when we are losing.

The problem is we have too many similar.

We lack the dominant type to sit in and dictate......Jed does it a bit ,but too slow.

we have too many similar midfielders imo, so its difficult to change anything significant.

Yes this I agree on 100%  We need someone like Jed but about 5 years younger with Pace instead we have Jed /Whelan ..

I never get the feeling we have control of a game in midfield which is why when teams press us or sit deep we can't break them down

confirmed my opinion that he's not good enough. He has zero influence on a game if he doesn't score or have an assist. the mundane basic tasks of being a central midfielder seem beyond him. I'm sure our lack of tactics and inability to keep the ball don't help him but when it comes right down to it, he's just not good enough. 

Goes missing far too often. He’s scored some great goals, and 9 from midfield is excellent BUT if we don’t go up and need to sell then I reckon Hourihane is one that will probably go. I seem to remember Brighton were linked with him a while back.

• 2 weeks later...

All Conner has to do to improve is move into space when he passes the ball. I watched one of those youtube montages of him. He plays the ball and just stands back to admire his pass instead of getting on his bike.

You can't just get rid of players who arn't the finished article. Look at Guardiola getting hold of Sterling.

Especially ones who show glimmers of talent. Goals from midfield are worth their weight. And surely he would have got more if Snodgrass didn't take all the free kicks.

He's not one of these midgets we've had in the past like Bannon he must be knocking on 6ft. He just needs to add more miles per gallon.

Surely someone at the club has noticed this? Or do they tell him to give it then get back in position and hold the shape?

Wonder what our best midfield duo are in terms of wins this season. My bet is Conor and Whelan. They give Grealish and co lots of protection and freedom to attack. Mile is good in some games but hinders are in others. 

Edited by KSV

21 hours ago, KSV said:

Wonder what our best midfield duo are in terms of wins this season. My bet is Conor and Whelan. They give Grealish and co lots of protection and freedom to attack. Mile is good in some games but hinders are in others. 

No they dont. Thats a myth. Our midfield gets opened up as easy with them two than more than anyone else.

Â