Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Don’t think Hourihane has had a fair crack of the whip at the Villa. Constantly being played in a holding role when he is a more attack minded midfielder. Might see more of that at Swansea? 

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Dean Smith wants to keep him.

Does he? Seem sto me like he doesn't rate him at all as he never plays him and rarely brings him off the bench. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Does he?

There’s a quote on BBC sport that CH has visited him few times expressing that he wants more game time but DS was reluctant for him to leave. 

Also quoted in an article on BirminghamLive.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

Been a very good servant to the club. That shot and deadball delivery is a danger at any level, and he has that chippy attitude that endear him to anyone. By all accounts a top bloke as well around the club. Unfortunately at the top level he needs to be played in a very particular way as he's not able to be the guy to impose himself on a game, hence why so often we'd see him as the invisible man in games.

But it's testament to that ability he does have striking the ball that he's an asset to any club, and especially so at Championship level.

Good luck to him. Top man, and will be well remembered here.

47 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Does he? Seem sto me like he doesn't rate him at all as he never plays him and rarely brings him off the bench. 

There's a quote of him saying, he told him he wanted him to stay, but Connor wants to go out and play games, which you kinda can't blame him for.

If we are honest it's wouldn't really be fair to him either,

It's only a loan so lets see if he will come back. If not I thank him for his four years of service and some really important goals and assists along the way. A real class act who had to get to the Premier League the hard way by going up through every division in the Football League. I think the Swans have got a cracking signing for the rest of the season.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Absolute key player in our progression and I have huge respect for him. 

So excited when we signed him and whilst he has limitations, his goal and assist contributions have been huge. 

When you think back to the end of the Lerner era, the squad was despised with us desperate to get rid of them. Now, I'll be sad to see anyone who played a key part in our promotion leave the club. 

After the start he made in the first two games he probably feels hard done by. But bringing in players like Barkley and Sanson is how we progress and keep Jack here. Its a shame that we have to move on from guys like Hourihane but we have high ambitions and owners willing to back it. 

I wish him all the best and I hope he does well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I feel Swansea and their style of play will really suit him.

It's all a bit emotional when you think of the memories to be honest.

As I said before would love it if he returns in some capacity in the future.

Yeah, I feel way more sad about it than I thought I would. 

12 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Just watching his goals back and hearing his song again, I’ll miss the loveable Irish rogue. 

Two things to take from that video...

1) The second Norwich got relegated, we didn't need Conor anymore!! 😉

2) The editor needs to step away from the 'effects' button!

• Like 2

Â