Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

I really like Conor and think he still has a part to play this season. Not sure about his future at the club now, but if we move him on in the summer he'll always be remembered fondly. Great character and footballer.

• Like 3

Was thinking he'd probably be a good signing for someone like Albion, he'll get them a few goals and assists and would be an asset from set pieces under Allardyce.

If he stays with us until the end of the season I wouldn't rule him out grabbing an important goal or assist here and there, don't think we'll let him go unless we bring in a replacement, have to be extra careful at the moment with Covid, it's easy to lose two or three players at the same time.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Whatever way it goes he has been great for us. If I was a championship club I would be looking to get him in Jan especially if I was close or in the playoffs. He still has a lot to offer at that level in my opinion.

He'd be a good pick up for a Forest type trying to move away from relegation zone, could certainly see Hughton wanting that type of experience for next few years to do a similar job to what he did here.

Doubt they'd pay that much for him.

TBF Dyche has made good jobs out of Westwood and Lowton and they picked up Dale Stephens from Brighton in the summer who was in similar situation so I can see him being on their radar aswell given his limited budget.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He'd be a good pick up for a Forest type trying to move away from relegation zone, could certainly see Hughton wanting that type of experience for next few years to do a similar job to what he did here.

Doubt they'd pay that much for him.

TBF Dyche has made good jobs out of Westwood and Lowton and they picked up Dale Stephens from Brighton in the summer who was in similar situation so I can see him being on their radar aswell given his limited budget.

Forest is a great shout. Probably the type of character also that Hughton would want to bring in when he puts his own stamp on that squad.

Edited by Johnnyp

If hourihane and nakamba had a baby it'll be the perfect midfielder for us. The stamina energy industry and mobility of nakamba with the passing vision and style of hourihane. 

The baby would also be worth a few bob as it would be a scientific miracle.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If he is out of contract in the summer we won't be getting anything for him. 

I think he is a tidy player, unfortunately he doesn't ball carry or have the energy for our style of play. 

Beautiful left peg though. If he could tackle he could of been converted to a full back. 

5 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I think he is a tidy player, unfortunately he doesn't ball carry or have the energy for our style of play. 

Beautiful left peg though. If he could tackle he could of been converted to a full back. 

I think Villa have always been quite generous in circumstances of a loyal servant wanting to move on.....its like a loyalty bonus.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

They say Michael Oakes had some tackle on him.😉

11 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

If hourihane and nakamba had a baby it'll be the perfect midfielder for us. The stamina energy industry and mobility of nakamba with the passing vision and style of hourihane. 

The baby would also be worth a few bob as it would be a scientific miracle.!

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

I’d cash in on him in January esp if he is out of contract next season, as Ramsey has over taken him in the order of midfielders

Hourihane signed a new contract (extension) in 2019.

Edited by MaVilla

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He joined us on a 3 1/2 year deal and then signed an extension in 2019, I believe he is out of contract this summer.

Can't see the club offering him anything else so this will be his last season. 

I've not been his biggest fan over the years and certainly don't think we should offer him another deal, but it's difficult to argue against him playing a big role in our return to the PL.

Good signing all in all considering what we paid for him, and has scored some absolute screamers in his time. 

Not that I necessarily think he's PL quality, but I actually wouldn't be surprised if he got another PL gig to be honest. 

He's been a good pro..

I think he's an great impact sub with that left foot if we're throwing the kitchen sink at a late winner or equaliser. I don't really see a regular role for him though going forward. 

He's been great for us over the last few seasons but I think we've left him behind a little bit. 

If he asked to leave I'd let him go with our best wishes. He'd be a fantastic pickup for a Championship side and might even get a gig at a newly promoted side or something similar. 

• Like 1

Didn't realise he was out of contract in the summer, thought we might get around £6m for him. He'd be a bargain for any club around the relegation zone, will get them a few assists and goals that might just help them to stay up, like with us last season, or if they go down they will have a player that can make a very good contribution at championship level.

His record with us is 29 goals and 23 assists in 150 appearances, 4 goals and 6 assists at premier league level in 31 appearances or just over 19 games in terms of minutes on the pitch, so he's been a very good signing for us.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He joined us on a 3 1/2 year deal and then signed an extension in 2019, I believe he is out of contract this summer.

Just had a look back and he signed in July 2019 again. Don't think it was announced who long for some reason but a few press said it was "long term" so I'd take that to mean 3 years minimum.

Won't get too much for him if he has six months to run but if he's contracted to summer 2022 then we could get 4-5m next window if we wanted.

14 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

oh right, thats interesting, pity there isnt an official list of contract expiries....

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Just had a look back and he signed in July 2019 again. Don't think it was announced who long for some reason but a few press said it was "long term" so I'd take that to mean 3 years minimum.

Won't get too much for him if he has six months to run but if he's contracted to summer 2022 then we could get 4-5m next window if we wanted.

Yes, I said about the 2019 extension in my previous post. I don’t believe it was a long term deal, I suspect it was an additional year. You are right it wasn’t confirmed how long the deal was for but I suspect he is out of contract come the summer.

Would be frustrating if we lose him on a free. For all his faults he's been a key player for a promoted and stayed up club in last two years, regular international, not yet 30 and been a good player at his previous clubs.

Not expecting mega money but that's 4-5m in my book plus his 30-40k week off the bill.

As well as things are going we have to be careful not to fall into the trap of spending large amounts every summer but hardly moving on any squad players for decent fees each year to balance the books.

Started to hurt us in the second part of the Lerner reign and that was before FFP became a major problem.

Â