Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

43 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Play as the two in a midfield diamond with McGinn, a dm behind and Jack in front. Kodj and Tammy upfront. Will work wonders. 

As much as i’d love to try it, we’re never going to not play with wingers under Bruce, it’s in his DNA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

As much as i’d love to try it, we’re never going to not play with wingers under Bruce, it’s in his DNA.

Then put him in a midfield trio with Birki and McGinn.

Push grealish up on the left side, in a free role. Let Tammy play centre and have El Ghazi or Bolasie on the right side. 

Swap Briki for Jedinak depending on who we're up against.  

Kodjia as a impact sub and in direct competition for the centre forward spot. 

44 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

His stats are ridiculous. Has to play, alongside Grealish and McGinn and instead of Jedinak the liability. 

If he doesn't start the next game something is wrong. 

In general play he doesn't seem to offer much but his goals and assists are so vital and the championship is a game of fine margins, does seem to make a difference. 

21 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Anyone think maybe Grealish's good form also had to do with Hourihane? Grealish and McGinn don't seem to be working in the midfield.

Last season, Grealish played his best football when Hourihane was behind him. 

For me the big difference is that Grealish was playing in front of Hourihane whereas he's now playing alongside McGinn.

That's why whoever plays up front is always so isolated.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Anyone think maybe Grealish's good form also had to do with Hourihane? Grealish and McGinn don't seem to be working in the midfield.

Last season, Grealish played his best football when Hourihane was behind him. 

Maybe because Grealish seems to have less space for some reason. Hourihane gets around the pitch a lot  I think him and McGinn could work with Grealish further forward. 

Tbh i don’t think Grealish is actually this superstar many made him out to be last season.  Maybe he is not 100% fit. Just not  controlling games at all at the moment.

Â