Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

16 minutes ago, John said:

That hat-trick will put a zero on the end of anything Brighton may have hoped to pay. £4m became £40m on Saturday and why would Conor want to join a club that will be making way for us at the end of the season? ;) Selling him would have been such a backward step and Brighton must have taken us for mugs by showing any sort of interest in our player. 

It's amazing how one result can change some people outlook on on season ahead! I just hope we are gonna start performing like how we did on Saturday more regularly!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he wanted out.

He's been chronically mismanaged the whole time he's been here.

Totally agree but isn't it amazing when you actually put a player in his best position and he starts performing.

On 21/08/2017 at 11:15, villabromsgrove said:

About ten days ago one of my sons who is deeply disillusioned with Villa said to me, "next time Villa score four goals I'll buy you a 16oz chateaubriand steak at Miller and Carters." I laughed and told him his money was safe but hey ho, thank you Conor! 

Going to take it out his pocket money?

On 19/08/2017 at 19:26, sidcow said:

Re the bickering about if Bruce allowed or planned this etc it might actually be that neither is the case but that we finally had a target man in front who can hold up the ball, bring midfielders into play and keep the attention of defenders on him allowing the midfield to flourish. 

It's Bruces job to get the best out of the players at his disposal. Davis did have a big affect but Hourihane has been here long enough for the manager to know how to get the best out of a player he signed. I'm sure we all hope regardless of who is up front the player we signed from Barnsley is the player we see in a villa shirt. 

Why do I keep seeing Hourihane classed as just an attacking midfielder by so many? He's more than that. A lot of fans seem to think he's like a number 10 but he only played as a 10 on Saturday after we went to 3-  1 and Lansbury dropped alongside Whelan. I've no idea why Bruce did this seeing as we were in total control. He isn't a Sigurddson type of player. For me he's ideal in a 3 and could easily play in a 2 with a good partner. Lansbury seems to be more of 10 player but I also think he'd be better suited to playing in a 3. Hopefully even though Jedinak is knocking on the door we stick with a 3 of Whelan Hourihane and Lansbury/Onomah for a run of games. 

On 8/21/2017 at 12:15, villabromsgrove said:

About ten days ago one of my sons who is deeply disillusioned with Villa said to me, "next time Villa score four goals I'll buy you a 16oz chateaubriand steak at Miller and Carters." I laughed and told him his money was safe but hey ho, thank you Conor! 

32oz or gtfo considering sat & tue

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does he have a Hurricane song yet?

To the tune of Bob Dylan's Hurricane

It's Conor mother***** Hurricane

Our Conor motherf***** Hurricane

He'll make your keeper look like sh**

He'll score a hat trick cus he's lit

...think it'll catch on? Anybody?

• Like 1

On 21/08/2017 at 11:15, villabromsgrove said:

21 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Going to take it out his pocket money?

He's 28 and a manager at a high street bank, I think he can afford it!:D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does he have a Hurricane song yet?

In my head, I keep hearing a chant based around "leaving on a jet plane"

Cos he's Conor, Conor Hourihane....

Thankfully that's all I can manage.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

In my head, I keep hearing a chant based around "leaving on a jet plane"

Cos he's Conor, Conor Hourihane....

Thankfully that's all I can manage.

That's good, so to that tune;

"He's Con-or, Conor Hourihane,

We don't know when he will score again."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, osmark86 said:

To the tune of Bob Dylan's Hurricane

It's Conor mother***** Hurricane

Our Conor motherf***** Hurricane

He'll make your keeper look like sh**

He'll score a hat trick cus he's lit

...think it'll catch on? Anybody?

It'll catch on like non- alcoholic beer:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On Friday, August 25, 2017 at 21:46, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was pretty good, radar was a little off at times, but no where near as 'off' as Elmo's crossing. Overall a solid performance. 

His pass to elmo when he was in acres of space was brutal. Otherwise decent.

Â