Honeymoon suggestions

Hornso

Got engaged at Christmas and perhaps the only thing keeping me sane about the initial stress of planning the wedding, is the honeymoon ideas. Anyone got some good recommendations for relaxing locations?

If you can afford it, Maldives. Incredible place.

Otherwise, really depends on if you want the culture, the landscapes, something a bit different, etc.

On a budget - somewhere in Scotland very remote - edit, just seen your location, this may not be good for a budget!

Pool and sun - some adults only place in Mexico or Greece etc

Log cabin in Colorado?

Skiiing?

Yosemite?

Say your budget and places you've enjoyed and you'll get good suggestions :)

Edited by darrenm

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm sure we will find something for you both ...

Just had visions of sending him off to Bali and the other half off to Japan :lol:

• Like 2

im looking at mine too, i get married at christmas so ive got a cold one to do and then a summer one, my summer one will be a week in new york and then a week in the Caribbean, i want a week at a well looked after large multi restaurant loads of pools all inclusive so i dont have to care about a thing, my missus has been there before so she doesnt want to go there but the majority of them seem to be in mexico

• Like 1

Palau. A stunning archipelago in the Pacific. It's a 4 hours flight from South Korea and is one of the worlds top destinations for snorkeling and scuba diving. Couple that with pristine beaches and it has all the hallmarks of a superb honeymoon destination.

It's not cheap mind...

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

we did Maldives for our honeymoon.

we chose one of the smallest islands, you could literally walk across it in 4 mins, and the 1 restaurant was a sandy outdoor area in the middle of the island.

There were about 10 luxury beach huts to stay in.

and probably 10 other people on the island, we virtually saw no other guests except when we went for food in the central area.

nothing else on the island.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2017 at 21:19, darrenm said:

If you can afford it, Maldives. Incredible place.

Otherwise, really depends on if you want the culture, the landscapes, something a bit different, etc.

On a budget - somewhere in Scotland very remote - edit, just seen your location, this may not be good for a budget!

Pool and sun - some adults only place in Mexico or Greece etc

Log cabin in Colorado?

Skiiing?

Yosemite?

Say your budget and places you've enjoyed and you'll get good suggestions :)

Would be looking for a pool and sun, relaxing kind of honeymoon based on our previous holidays but also with the option of 1-2 day trips to landmarks or scenery etc. We've been to Karon Beach (Phuket) before and we are headed to Fiji in May of this year. At the moment we're considering Hawaii (Honolulu and Maui). I thought of Mexico but a friend warned us off it due to the Zika virus. Missus wants to go to the Greek Islands so maybe that's what we should be looking into...

On 1/15/2017 at 03:31, imavillan said:

As you are from Oz.....then this place would be perfect 

Managed to get across last year to sit in the Lower Holte to see us lose 2-1 to Swansea. Had the stadium tour the next day after it had been announced Sherwood had been sacked. Also managed to get into the away fans area for our following trips to Southampton (Cup) and Tottenham. Loved all of it apart from our performances. Would love to come back and see us win a few and be there when Villa Park is really rocking. Don't think it is high on the list of the missus priorities though...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've seen some of the punta cana resorts are proper massive all inclusive never leave the resort type places, loads of pools and restaurants, spend 2 weeks there and still not see it all

ive looked several times at the hard rock hotel

17303.jpg

Thats madness

On 15 January 2017 at 23:15, ender4 said:

we did Maldives for our honeymoon.

we chose one of the smallest islands, you could literally walk across it in 4 mins, and the 1 restaurant was a sandy outdoor area in the middle of the island.

There were about 10 luxury beach huts to stay in.

and probably 10 other people on the island, we virtually saw no other guests except when we went for food in the central area.

nothing else on the island.

God that sounds boring as hell mate!

depends on what your after chilling or doing things. If it's more to do, Jamaica is a superb place

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

God that sounds boring as hell mate!

depends on what your after chilling or doing things. If it's more to do, Jamaica is a superb place

It's what I did as a teenage holiday with a girlfriend. It was incredible.

47 minutes ago, darrenm said:

It's what I did as a teenage holiday with a girlfriend. It was incredible.

Each to their own mate. I think for me is get bored. I like relaxing on beach but I love exploring. Much prefer that ;)

Edited by Demitri_C

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Each to their own mate. I think for me is get bored. I like relaxing on beach but I love exploring. Much prefer that ;)

Mine was a bit of a bigger island. I thought I'd hate it but didn't. Most days were getting on a boat going to deserted islands and shipwrecks and snorkeling with incredible fish and manta rays in the warm Indian ocean.

My wife and I did a road trip around California, Nevada and Arizona, it was the best three weeks of my life and I would do it again in a second if I could!

Our itinerary was, in not too much detail;

LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Yosemite, San Francisco, Napa, Monterey (whale watching!), Santa Barbara, Santa Monica... 

If you can make it work then do it!

• Like 3

Â