Aston Villa History Thread

VILLAMARV

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

You know something from that season (league winning) that I still think about, why could we not of got the extra 2 people in against the Albion for a full house? 

They were probably missing from the away end. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

You know something from that season (league winning) that I still think about, why could we not of got the extra 2 people in against the Albion for a full house? 

I think there was a lot more people in there that night unofficially.I don’t ever remember the Holte being so packed.

For large parts of that game I couldn’t breathe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Yes those were the days though when both Villa and West Brom had great teams and were chasing the title.  The excitement for that one compared to the one tonight is like chalk and cheese. 

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes those were the days though when both Villa and West Brom had great teams and were chasing the title.  The excitement for that one compared to the one tonight is like chalk and cheese. 

Will never forget the back pass, i’m sure the lid came off the Holte when Withe scored

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

I think there was a lot more people in there that night unofficially.I don’t ever remember the Holte being so packed.

For large parts of that game I couldn’t breathe.

Probably closer to 60,000 than 50,000. The other game that springs to mind was the Sunderland game, I think they locked the doors an hour before kickoff

• Like 2

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Will never forget the back pass, i’m sure the lid came off the Holte when Withe scored

Went back on the number 51 bus with some West Brom mates and they were were so pissed off with Bryan Robson 

Found the full Villa V City cup final on YouTube. Guess it's part of our history now where Smith got us to a final of a cup at least when we were so the underdogs of everything last season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2021 at 18:14, Kingman said:

That's absolutely brilliant. What memories, it brings back of that day. Tony "get your prayer mats out" Butler at his very best. :clap:   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Some jokes I like and can appreciate, but that was just baaaaaaa-d

Leave him alone, you'll make him feel all sheepish about it. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

My dad took me to my first Villa game in September 1969 v Hull  City, we won 3-2.

I was 9 years old and attended Kingsland Road junior and infants in Kingstanding. We used to play football on Cooksey Lane playing fields just up the road. Back then Villa trained on there, so we were within ball kicking distance of our heroes. The teacher used to tell is off for paying more attention to the players than our game! 

Any other ex Kingsland kids on VT? 

• Like 1

Â