Graham Taylor

Eastie

My dad did some work on his house a couple of years back. He said he was an absolute gentleman and his wife was also a lovely lady. A great manager in his day too and was unfairly vilified by the gutter press. 

Football loses another villa man :(

• Like 3

Well that was a punch in the gut :(

Quite apart from his football achievements, you always got the impression he was a thoroughly decent individual, and I've only ever heard stories that back that up.  A horrible start to the new year and thoughts go out to his family and friends.

RIP and a very significant HEITS.

• Like 1

Very sad news. Too young. 

I remember how upset I was on hearing he had been recruited as England manager after rescuing us from the 2nd Division and making us 1st Division title contenders in such a short time. Who knows how things might have gone if he had stayed. He was always a good friend to Villa, despite strong links with a couple of other clubs, and I am sure he only embarked on his less good second spell as manager out of loyalty to a club obviously in big trouble.

RIP.

• Like 3

Platt, McGrath and Yorke the 3 best signings in my lifetime all by Sir Graham.  

Some of the best days of my life watching Villa under him.  His last game in particular at Goodison before taking the England job.  Graham Taylor's Claret and Blue army for the whole game including half time and after the final whistle.  6000 plus of us waiting for the man to come out to say his goodbye the rest of the ground was empty.

True Villa Legend

RIP 

• Like 4

Â