Villa vs Barnet

NurembergVillan

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Bad haircut upstaged by that dumb look on his face

th?&id=OIP.Mfd74ad0437e871510b577597c1df

although that's not a Villa shirt, but you get the idea

There's something missing.....oh yeah highlights!!

Anything you can do Sylla can do worse ;)

3978972629.jpg

Edited by VILLAMARV
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I went to Ostrava for the Villa UEFA cup match there in 1990 and we were on the same flight as the players ( and Doug) ...

we had a a wait for the flight home so I brought him , Chris Price and Paul McGrath a drink in the bar at the airport in Ostrava ... I've got some photos kicking around somewhere as we mingled , all the players were friendly , accessible and chatty , have to say Ellis was very friendly also , thanked us for coming out to support the team ... Platt was a bit of a knob as a recall but he still posed for photos with me and my mate .. but Ormondroyd was easily the nicest out of all of them , he looked like a man living the dream who couldn't quite believe how he'd got here , tbf nor could we :) 

as im down memory lane before the flight out me and my mate were in the Bar at Birmingham airport and the local radio presenters turned up and asked if they could interview us for a piece on the show .... it was me , my mate from Horsham and another bloke who I didn't know but turns out he was from London .... we did the interview and the presenter turned off his mike and said how the **** did I manage to pick 3 cockneys out of a bar to interview about the villa and he sorta went off in a strop ... I've no idea if we ever got broadcast or not to this day :)

I bet you were probably earning more than the players back then Tone! 

Players were accessible then and lived in the real world. In about 1990 I recall seeing Derek Mountfield shopping at the Asda Minworth (might have been a Gateway or Carefour then) and he just looked like a regular Dad putting his shopping in the boot of his Rover 200, while wearing a frankly awful Lotto shellsuit (how I remember that I will never know)

• Like 1

On 10/01/2017 at 11:09, NurembergVillan said:

Back in the days before average footballers would swarm to Toni and Guy, some of them still had their hair cut by their parents...

ormondroyd.jpg

Is this a screenshot from The Undateables? 

• Like 1

Â