Pubs

mikeyp102

Just came across the below on http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/molineux-wolverhampton-wanderers.html#apubs-for-away-fans 

Not sure how long ago it was written mind. 

"Well it may be a great stadium, with good atmosphere, but the main drawback with a visit to Molineux is the lack of away friendly pubs for visiting supporters to drink in. Now there are a number of pubs situated around the ground, but they do not admit away fans, which to a certain extent I can understand. But what is a real shame is that unlike many new stadiums that are located out of town with not much in the way of drinking holes located around, Molineux is only a 10 minute walk away from the city centre where there are plenty of pubs to be found. However by far the greater majority of these are for home supporters only on matchdays (even the Wetherspoons has bouncers on the door demanding to see your match ticket for one of the home sections before being allowed entry).

Tom Rice a visiting Aston Villa supporter informs me; 'The Stonehouse bar in the city centre (on Queen Street) seems to be the designated pub for away fans to drink in. The bouncers on the door, checked to make sure that we were Villa fans before entering.' The bar which is family friendly normally opens at 1pm on Saturday afternoons.

I have also been advised that there is a small bar called the Bluebrick inside the Premier Inn hotel, located near to the railway station, which is being frequented by away fans. If arriving by train then as you leave the station entrance, turn right and you will see a walkway going down under the station. At the bottom of the walkway turn left and after a short walk you will see the Bluebrick over on your right. Also some away supporters have also been frequenting the George Wallis in Victoria Street and the Lady Wulfrun in Lichfield Street.

Alcohol is available inside the stadium this includes Carling (Pint £3.70), Banks's Bitter (Can 440ml £3.40), Aston Manor Cider (Bottle 500ml £3.70), Magners Cider (Bottle 330ml £4), Guinness (Can 520ml £4), plus wine and spirits (£4) "

Just drink in the JQ and get the tram in...it's only about half an hour.

Or just stay in Town and get the train there...it's close enough that you could get the 4.30 and still make kick off.

When I went in 2012 (Robbie Keane game) I was meeting a Wolves friend so went in one of their pubs. Think the Villa fans were sent to the Walkabout but that's long since closed.

We're at The Wetherspoons in Bilston for brunch. 

After that I'm drinking behind enemy lines as my Wolves mate is getting us into his regular where he is a face so no questions asked. 

I did ask him if I had to talk in a silly accent and say yam and ahhh a lot. 

Â