Playoff round 2 . Battle of the divs.

Brumerican

Divisional Round

Saturday, Jan. 14

NFC: (3) Seattle at (2) Atlanta, 4:35 p.m. ET (Fox): For the first time since 2012, the Falcons are in the playoffs, and they're looking like they're going to be a tough team to beat. The big advantage for the Falcons is that every game they play for the rest of the postseason will be played indoors, which means Atlanta will get to show off its team speed. This is the fifth time since 1998 that the Falcons have earned a first-round bye. In their four previous appearances, they went 3-1 in the divisional round. One of those three wins came against the Seahawks in 2012 in a game where the Falcons pulled out a wild 30-28 victory at the Georgia Dome.

AFC: (4) Houston at (1) New England, 8:15 p.m. ET (CBS): The Patriots will kick off postseason play Jan. 14 with a game against a Texans team that they destroyed earlier in the season. Back in Week 3, the Patriots dominated the Texans in a 27-0 win, and they did that despite the fact that they were starting a third-string quarterback ( Jacoby Brissett ). This time around, the Patriots will have their best player and the Texans won't have theirs: Back in that September game, J.J. Wattplayed and Tom Brady didn't.

Sunday, Jan. 15

AFC: (3) Pittsburgh at (2) Kansas City, 1:05 p.m. ET (NBC): Getting a first-round bye has almost been a curse for the Kansas City Chiefs . Since the current playoff format was implemented in 1990, the Chiefs have earned a first-round bye three times (1995, 1997, 2003) and they're 0-3. On the bright side, Andy Reid is 16-2 all-time in games played after a bye week. To end that divisional round losing streak, the Chiefs are going to have beat a Steelers team that beat them down 43-14 in Week 4. That loss was the only time all season the Chiefs gave up 30 or more points.

NFC: (4) Green Bay at (1) Dallas, 4:40 p.m. ET (Fox): The last time these two teams played back in Week 6, things got real ugly, real fast for the Packers. The Cowboys went into Green Bay and beat the Packers 30-16, which is tied for the biggest home loss at Aaron Rodgers' career. The last time the Packers and Cowboys played a postseason game in Dallas came after the 1995 season when the Cowboys beat Green Bay 38-27 on their way to a win in Super Bowl XXX.

Brilliant.  The only game I don't mind missing is the only game finishing at an unreasonable hour :clap:  The rest are genuinely hard to call.  I'll say Dallas, but with the other 2 there's a more than legitimate chance for the road team.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, BOF said:

Brilliant.  The only game I don't mind missing is the only game finishing at an unreasonable hour :clap:  The rest are genuinely hard to call.  I'll say Dallas, but with the other 2 there's a more than legitimate chance for the road team.

You going to mass on Sunday morning or something ?:D  But yeah it doesn't look worth staying up for .

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

You going to mass on Sunday morning or something ?

Well I think my congregation would be pretty disappointed if I didn't turn up!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I'll enjoy watching Brady slowly destroy Mercilus and Clowney .

Death by a thousand cuts hopefully.

As long as KC gets mauled I'm happy. That said, the media wankfest over Dallas is highly annoying.

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

As long as KC gets mauled I'm happy. That said, the media wankfest over Dallas is highly annoying.

I think GB can beat Dallas .

Everyone knows about Ben on the road and Arrowhead is fierce, so that may be tough for Pittsburgh .

Edited by Brumerican

Â