• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Djemba_Villan

Spontaneous Trip Suggestions

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I would appreciate some inspiration from my VT travel aficionados.

I have 4 days worth of leave I MUST take before mid Feb, in addition to this I already have a big trip with the missus to Bali lined up along with 2 weekends away to Lake Como and Budapest over the year.

However...I want to rekindle my solo backpacking-vibe (I'm late 20s and happy to go hosteling still) which I haven't had a chance to exercise for a while so am in the market for a 3-5 day solo backpacking trip over the next 4 weeks.

- Happy to fly from anywhere Birmingham or South.

- Must be no more than ~5 hour flight each way

- Places to eliminate (have already recently been) - Barcelona, Iceland, Costa Del Sol, Balearics, Amsterdam, Krakaw, Dublin, Nice/Cannes, Zurich, Berlin, Paris, Prague, Rome, Amalfi Coast, Croatia, Bavaria, Lisbon, New York, Dubai

- I need to lose some weight and am dieting so somewhere I can enjoy a bloody good mooch would be preferred

-Some ideas I have currently are...Morocco Tangier-Marrakech over 3-4 days, Norway - Oslo & Bergen, Sweden - Stockholm & Gotenburg, Russia - Moscow & St Petersburg..appreciate any thoughts.

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Edited by Djemba_Villan

Posted (edited)

I hiked up to the top of Mt Toubkal (Atlas Mountains ) in a 5 day trip , 4 days hiking

flight to Marrakech and a couple of hour transfer

was about 50 miles of hiking All in , but the last bit the summit was proper back breaking stuff due to snow and altitude 

was just me and a guide and a book for the evening along with some beautiful scenery and starry nights

might tick a box for you ?

Edited by tonyh29

Posted

St Petersburg ticks a lot of culture boxes , some nice church type  stuff worth seeing , hermitage museum , day trip out to gulf of Finland ( there is a famous home there whose name escapes me ) 

we took overnight train to Moscow and from there you can do red square , Kremlin etc ... great nightlife in Moscow ( but also slightly dangerous :) )

oslo I'm a fan of but you can get away with a couple of days , don't know about Bergan 

Stockholm - meh , but it does have a few charms 

Posted

Skyscanner

brimingham as airport

"everywhere" as destination

see what floats your boat

Posted

You really cannot go wrong with Copenhagen. Lovely City. So easy to get around. Beautiful.

Posted

Croatia though not Zagreb

Posted (edited)

Bilbao. Plenty of amazing food, lovely locals and loads of good places to explore in the area.

Tromso in northern Norway is lovely and you stand a chance of seeing the northern lights in Feb too.

Edited by One For The Road

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0