Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

12 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Let's get one thing straight, Wolves are a bag of shit and there is no excuse for not beating them.

We are not much better to be fair

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Fancy Wolves to win this. Narrow 1-2 loss to us. Think we are struggling for goals without Kodjia and selling Gestede at this stage was quite stupid without a replacement.

Our lack of anything going forward is a worry. I think we will draw a blank infront of goal to be fair

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If I had a million quid, I'm a tenner short, but yeah if I had a mill then I'd bang it right on a draw. It's the obvious result. 

Happy to make up the missing tenner and then split the winnings 50:50 if you like mate? Bit risky on my part, but willing to do it.

My money is on a draw too... possibly a thrilling 0-0 affair.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

Watching that has made me realise how much I don't miss Lambert's interviews. 

I can only see a draw or loss today, unless McScoremak finally finds some form and we play a stronger mid with Tish in it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

At least we have a new midfield sorted nice and early ready for this game...

Oh wait...

Not long before we have Lansbree and O'Hallorihane in the middle. I expect Tish and Jedi will start today though.

If we lose it will be a bit of a mini-crisis for SB. Two defeats in a row (three if you count the FA Cup) not good for a team looking to get up there in the playoff places. Need to draw this at least.

Also, Dr X please buy us some midfielders asap!

I Just cant see us winning this. I think everything is stacked against us.

Same shit midfield, our only goalscorer away at AFCON, we're on TV, we've still only won 2 away games in the last 35 (our away form is still garbage, even in this division). Lamberk will fire his team up, we have not been playing well.

For me, All of these things point to us getting turned over. Obviously i hope i am horrible wrong and get a load of humble pie to eat at around 7.30 or so.

our only hope is if Lambert plays for a sideways 0-0, one of their players makes a howler for 0-1 after 20 mins, at HT he makes subs to defend the 0-1

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

I Just cant see us winning this. I think everything is stacked against us.

Same shit midfield, our only goalscorer away at AFCON, we're on TV, we've still only won 2 away games in the last 35 (our away form is still garbage, even in this division). Lamberk will fire his team up, we have not been playing well.

For me, All of these things point to us getting turned over. Obviously i hope i am horrible wrong and get a load of humble pie to eat at around 7.30 or so.

Update:

Just spotted this in the Racing Post. We are a bogey team to them. It is amazing how many of these so called bogey teams get a result. This now gives me some hope. :)bogey teams.jpg

sorry for the small pic but had to play around with the size to be able to insert.

It says Aston Villa at Wolves, unbeaten in the last 11.

Edited by imavillan
quote line item of photo.

Wolves battered us in the second half at Villa Park, they have some really quality players. Helder Costa and Cavaleiro up against our full backs is a major concern. Our attack is poor but Wolves' defence is even worse - we really should be scoring at least once here. 

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

We're not going to score. Rest is uncertain.

Still, I'm looking forward to the game.

I can only see us scoring from some kind of set piece