Pre-Match Thread

alreadyexists

On 09/01/2017 at 21:54, NottingVilla said:

Can't entertaining us winning. We never look like scoring in matches unless Kodija does something. Draw at best.

Pretty much where I'm at.

You have to score to win football matches and we have neither the midfield, nor the strikers to carry out such a mind-blowing procedure. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Do they under soil heating ? Any chance this might be called off ? (Snow)

According to this they have it.

Capacity: 31,700 (all seated)
Address: Waterloo Rd, Wolverhampton, WV1 4QR
Telephone: 0871 222 2220
Fax: 01902 687 006
Ticket Office: 0871 222 1877
Pitch Size: 116 x 74 yards
Club Nickname: Wolves
Year Ground Opened: 1889
Undersoil Heating: Yes
Shirt Sponsors: the money shop
Kit Manufacturer: Puma
Home Kit: Gold and Black
Away Kit: Green With Black Trim

On 1/10/2017 at 15:03, Grasshopper said:

Hutton Westwood Gaby & Kozak

Please explain?

Bacuna is my preference at right back but we need him in midfield and I don't mind Hutton there.

Westwood has lost all confidence but I think we can do with the composure and general skillfulness which he adds. With two more attacking players alongside side him, Jedinak focusing on the defending and two strikers who are strong positionally, have an awareness of the players around them and link up well, there is a chance we could see a different player.

Agbonlahor has been good since his re-introduction but looks isolated on his own and could do with a partner. I went with Kozak because I've always rated him as a player and would like to see him given another chance. Considering Gabby's fitness and Kozak's lack of game time my expectations are not high, but if it works I think they can give us structure, help to bring our midfielders into the game and make us look more cohesive going forward. They are also both strong finishers. If Gabby isn't moving well or Kozak is rusty or lacking confidence I've got Jerrell Sellars on the bench who will add more mobility and another dimension.

Edited by Michael118

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Bacuna is my preference at right back but we need him in midfield and I don't mind Hutton there.

Westwood has lost all confidence but I think we can do with the composure and general skillfulness which he adds. With two more attacking players alongside side him, Jedinak focusing on the defending and two strikers who are strong positionally, have an awareness of the players around them and link up well, there is a chance we could see a different player.

Agbonlahor has been good since his re-introduction but looks isolated on his own and could do with a partner. I went with Kozak because I've always rated him as a player and would like to see him given another chance. Considering Gabby's fitness and Kozak's lack of game time my expectations are not high, but if it works I think they can give us structure, help to bring our midfielders into the game and make us look more cohesive going forward. They are also both strong finishers. If Gabby isn't moving well or Kozak is rusty or lacking confidence I've got Jerrell Sellars on the bench who will add more mobility and another dimension.

Your explanation defies all logic as none of your reasoning has any evidence of proof, possibility or probability going on recent relevant events involving any  of those players you have mentioned

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Gabby & Kozak... I've heard it all now

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Your explanation defies all logic as none of your reasoning has any evidence of proof, possibility or probability going on recent relevant events involving any  of those players you have mentioned

I see that potential in them and it's also been displayed to an extent over periods in their careers.

No in fairness Gabby did score 16 goals 7 years ago.  I'm more concerned with this period in his career though.  The one where he's shit and can't score.

• Like 2

We struggled to score when we had Kodjia and Ayew in the side, although you could count on Kodjia pulling something out of the bag occasionally.

Now our goal options consist of McCormack, one of the best strikers in the division who possibly through a lack of decent midfield or service is like a blunt pencil, but to be honest only we could pay 12 million for a striker who doesn't score goals. And Gabby who couldn't score a goal if it was the length of the pitch. Plus Grealish who is good for one decent performance in 10.

Wolves nearly destroyed us when we were at full strength, plus the curse of Sky, this won't end well.

For once can we have some players who surprise and inspire us by coming good, can we have a script that doesn't involve making our opposition look awesome?