• Grealish
    • Agbonlahor
    • Davis (Adomah 77)
    • Green (Jedinak 78)
    • McCormack (for Agbonlahor 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought we played well enough, first half especially. We are still desperately short of quality in midfield, that's plain to see. Tish isn't up to scratch, no creativity and takes far too many touches. We need players that can pass quickly and find space. 

Hutton and Adomah seemed to lack any understanding today. 

Chester and Baker were solid first half. Sam Johnstone had a good game, some good saves and seemed quite assured. He's got a powerful kick on him too. 

Johnstone, Chester, Tish and Baker were good.. We played alright considering the opposition. 

We're still trying to build confidence and it doesn't matter if you're expecting to lose it still hurts to lose by 6+ goals, so I'm glad that we set up to not get annihilated.

We'll be at Spurs level sooner rather than later under Xia I hope, but today is not that day so it was always damage limitation today.

Almost nothing to moan about, set up well defended well, Chester brilliant again, baker until he was injured great then we went sloppy, Johnstone good, Hutton was Hutton, Amavi was rubbish, adomah tracked back well but didn't offer enough going forward, grealish was fine with some good set pieces, gabby was garbage

Don't buy the BBC bullshit, with kodjia upfront we'd have been better and at 0-0 we had the best chance of the game, if not for 2 bits of great defending we'd have done what we set out to do, it's that simple for me

bbc with a horror show

• Like 3

Was ok. Not brilliant, but we weren't embarrassed and made a few chances and to me it suggests we may not be so far off the pace in the PL if we were to get promoted. Certainly I thought we looked better than against spurs in recent years.

It is so depressing being a villa fan sometimes. So tame and heartless. Baker has had a shocker for me. What stood out to me was that with 3 mins left when spurs went to break there was 2 50/50 challenges. And both Davis and green chickened out of them . These lads are in their first few first team games. They should be so eager to get stuck in backing out shouldn't enter their heads but sadly at villa it does. We lack so much heart and drive. 

Â