can we be anything more than....

skywalker

Will Villa ever be anything more than a "nearly" club  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa ever be anything more than a "nearly" club

• yes
    • no

Guest Ricardomeister

Let's be brutally honest here. We are not even a "nearly" club at the moment if we are talking about actually winning trophies. The last time we even came close to winning a proper trophy was the 2000 FA Cup Final where, let's face it, we gave one of the most abject final perfomances ever. We are a "light years away" club like most of the non Sky 4. I cannot see that changing unless someone with vastly more money than Randy has got comes in thanks to the way that football is now.

Well even with Lerner we have spent far less then teams like Newcastle, spurs that have been spending for years and they have managed to get nowhere. I think we are going the right way now about it. We have a quality manager & a good chairman that lets MON get on with it. We are bringing in youngsters through the ranks & buying quality young players like Young, Milner & Davis. We still need that extra bit of quality in cent of Midfield like Gerrard or Lampard which isnt gonna be easy to come by with other clubs competing with us that have more money for wages etc, and replacing Laursen isnt gonna be easy. But I think we are one of the most exciting teams in England to watch & with a bit of luck we can crack the top 4 at some point.

Well even with Lerner we have spent far less then teams like Newcastle, spurs that have been spending for years and they have managed to get nowhere. I think we are going the right way now about it. We have a quality manager & a good chairman that lets MON get on with it. We are bringing in youngsters through the ranks & buying quality young players like Young, Milner & Davis. We still need that extra bit of quality in cent of Midfield like Gerrard or Lampard which isnt gonna be easy to come by with other clubs competing with us that have more money for wages etc, and replacing Laursen isnt gonna be easy. But I think we are one of the most exciting teams in England to watch & with a bit of luck we can crack the top 4 at some point.
This.

No , not with a half a season team, we are at our level and could not compete in the second half of the season.We all would like to be , but you have to look at fact's and when the time came to step up after christmas we went awol.

Â