What's your earworm?

choffer

I don't recall having a thread like this before but I'm daily plagued by the most annoying songs getting stuck in my head so I thought it might be helpful for us to share what we're currently humming in the hopes that someone else's song is less annoying and might replace it.

(Alternatively of course, you might end up with a really skull-crushingly annoying song planted in your head as a result of this thread but them's the breaks.)

This morning - for no apparent reason, I have this on repeat on my noggin':

Looking after a toddler every day, we get a lot of brain-destroying stuff from kids' TV in our heads. However, her absolute favourite music is made by these guys - The Okee Dokee Brothers. As I love this type of music, that's a blessing. Nonetheless, this is starting to repeat even in my sleep: 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The Okee Dokee Brothers. As I love this type of music, that's a blessing. Nonetheless, this is starting to repeat even in my sleep

It was alright till the vocals started.

then it was as welcome when the dog's farted

I couldn't make it through to the end, it was just too much to take.

the annoying whine of two blokes on a lake

2 hours ago, choffer said:

I don't recall having a thread like this before but I'm daily plagued by the most annoying songs getting stuck in my head so I thought it might be helpful for us to share what we're currently humming in the hopes that someone else's song is less annoying and might replace it.

(Alternatively of course, you might end up with a really skull-crushingly annoying song planted in your head as a result of this thread but them's the breaks.)

This morning - for no apparent reason, I have this on repeat on my noggin':

It used to crack me when this used to come on at school discos or u18 nights and the girls all used to get up and grind out their moves. It's alright but when you have fat Sheila trying to be sexy it's not a pretty sight.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

It was alright till the vocals started.

then it was as welcome when the dog's farted

I couldn't make it through to the end, it was just too much to take.

the annoying whine of two blokes on a lake

Well, if it ain't your thing, I can see that. But I listen to loads of bluegrass, plus Neil Young, and (especially) Bob Dylan, so whiny American folkie voices are my principal diet. Rap/hip hop is my 'cannot get past the first ten seconds' genre. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Neil Young, and (especially) Bob Dylan, so whiny American folkie voices are my principal diet

I like Neil Young, I'm OK with Dylan, I love Wolf Parade  - so it's not the whiny voices as such, really. I think it's more the underlying "Country" feel and the overproduction and syrup.

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

I like Neil Young, I'm OK with Dylan, I love Wolf Parade  - so it's not the whiny voices as such, really. I think it's more the underlying "Country" feel and the overproduction and syrup.

I wouldn't say it's overproduced - it's far more stripped down folk than the smooth excuse for country music that comes out of Nashville. It IS corny though, I must admit. But it's aimed at kids. Almost all their songs are about friendship and enjoying the great outdoors. Campfire singsongs, with recycled old melodies and punning lyrics - high earworm factor. The fact that a 20-month old kid absolutely LOVES it is proof that they know what they're doing. I'm happy that she's into this, and not those horrible 'Frozen' type Disney things. 

EDIT: Wolf Parade? Do you mean Wolf People? 

Edited by mjmooney

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

hate this song but keep repeating the main chorus in a little Britain type voice.

No excuse for this RV, dear oh dear ;)

On 06/01/2017 at 14:41, sharkyvilla said:

It's normally the theme tune to whatever I've been binge watching.  Recently it was the intro to Dexter, which basically goes 'doo-bi-doo-bi-doo'.

I'm the same, and when I binged Dexter years back I had the theme in my head constantly. That whole intro, the music and the visuals is very clever.

At the moment I'm binging Misfits and even though this sort of indie isn't really my style, I've got this stuck in my head most days:

Edited by Ginko

Â