Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

I think Bruce thought he was buying another Tom Huddlestone when he purchased Landsbury. Had Landsbury sitting in a deep lying midfield role most of the time but that’s not Landsbury’s game.

Under a more progressive manager I could see Landsbury contributing a lot more if played in his preferred role of attacking midfielder.

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

As much as I dislike Bruce, I find it tiresome we find excuses for some players.
Lansbury has been awful since joining and has had plenty of chances. He is responsible for being shit, no-one else. 

Wait or has Bruce been playing him in his ideal position? Bruce was playing him as a holding midfielder when he first signed. Any idiot knows Lansbury is a attacking midfielder yet bruce plays him as a defensive midfielder. 

But what do I know I mean it’s not like Bruce would play grealish on the left wing is it?

• Like 2

Never rated Lansbury hopefully someone will buy him off us in Jan or next summer or hopefully we can loan him out if can’t sell.

He is too inconsistent and not good enough in all honesty there are plenty of midfielders better and younger than Lansbury in League 1 and 2 on fraction of the wages he is on too.

Edited by Villan4Life

21 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Never rated Lansbury hopefully someone will buy him off us in Jan or next summer or loan him out.

He is too inconsistent and not good enough in all honesty there are plenty of midfielders better and younger than Lansbury in League 1 and 2 on fraction of the wages he is on.

spoke to a Forest fan.....described him as a luxury player.

I said I'm yet to see the luxury.

The wages dep't must be pulling their hair out.

do other teams really have as many dud's as us?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

I thought we'd loan him out tbh. We won't get all of his wages back but if we got half of them that would be something, he's not going to feature much this term. I imagine he might move in Jan. 

Why would he leave, no one else will match his wages 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wait or has Bruce been playing him in his ideal position? Bruce was playing him as a holding midfielder when he first signed. Any idiot knows Lansbury is a attacking midfielder yet bruce plays him as a defensive midfielder. 

But what do I know I mean it’s not like Bruce would play grealish on the left wing is it?

Bruce played him centre midfield next to Hourihane. He was awful. He was a centre midfielder at Forest too. Only Lansbury is to blame for his shit performances here

Hourihane has done well in similar situation so has McGinn and Bjarnason when called upon.

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bruce played him centre midfield next to Hourihane. He was awful. He was a centre midfielder at Forest too. Only Lansbury is to blame for his shit performances here

Hourihane has done well in similar situation so has McGinn and Bjarnason when called upon.

Bruce played him as the holding player in that cm. Lansbury is not a cm.

How about when he came on against Leeds? He was awesome. Played one game then bruce dropped him again 

Clearly don't rate him

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TRO said:

spoke to a Forest fan.....described as a luxury player.

I said I'm yet to see the luxury.

The wages dep't must be pulling their hair out.

do other teams really have as many dud's as us?

Such an average footballer. Forest fans I know were not sorry at all to lose him. Thought they'd proper mugged us. It's sad his thread has been elevated to the top. Another junk Bruce signing or perhaps the scout that's been let go

Edited by Kiwivillan

I don't think he is rubbish, but he is much, much slower than I expected him to be. He is so slow the rest of the midfield does have to cover for him, but he is not good enough to justify having other players carry water for him. I had hoped for much more, but mostly based on his reputation rather than what I had seen myself. It really didn't take long to spot that his lack of pace would be exposed in a team that was already struggling in that department. He's not a bad player at this level, but he wasn't what we needed when we signed him and he isn't what we need now.

• Like 1

When he has had the chance, he has been doing what none of our other midfielders are doing, making the deep runs into the penalty area, he did it for Forest against us and he did it in one of the last games he played for us scoring with a header. The problem is, its what we are desperately lacking, our midfield taking runs to stretch and pull the opposition defence apart.

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

When he has had the chance, he has been doing what none of our other midfielders are doing, making the deep runs into the penalty area, he did it for Forest against us and he did it in one of the last games he played for us scoring with a header. The problem is, its what we are desperately lacking, our midfield taking runs to stretch and pull the opposition defence apart.

Hourihane does same thing but more effective

Kinda feel he never got to terms with not ending up being the player he thought he would become.

Arsenal talent loaned out to smaller clubs he could be "the star", then at Nottingham he was still a "big" name.

Then here it didn't really pan out for him, turns out he's a bit of a nothing player. and no top knot or hairband can help that.

At least he gets paid handsomely.

I always wanted to see a midfield three of Grealish, Hourihane and Lansbury; I don't think we ever saw it last season.

Obviously McGinn has now trumped him by establishing himself into the side immediately, but it would be interesting to see if this could at all work.

Â