Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

9 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Personally think its the inconsistency which is the biggest issue. He's certainly capable of doing good things. He has the odd good game but they tend to be surrounded by a pile of crap ones. Even during games he'll make one pass that Zidane would be proud of and the next one even Jedinak would be a bit embarrassed. 

Overall he's definitely mediocre and the money we are paying is truly a joke. He's too old now to grow out of that inconsistency that's just what he is. 

Yeah that sums him up. 1 good game every 7 or 8 appearances.  Problem is there is no middle ground either, he throws 1 good performance in and then is bloody awful

Out of all the signings we've made over the past few years, I think this one disappoints me most. I really thought he was going to be a player for us, and then he had a great debut. Been pretty poor ever since. I do think he has "something" about him though.

Doesn't do enough off the ball, doesn't have the mobility or energy to contribute anywhere near enough. Has a nice ping on him, but he is never going to be a starter for a good team challenging for promotion. The other two need to carry him just to get away with having him in the side.

He's just detrimental to the whole side. I cannot believe just how slow he is.

Agree with most comments, but I also feel we play him too deep where he is exposed for his defensive side and lack of pace. Play him at 10 or attacking 8 and you would see the best out of him. Problem here is Jack is well ahead of him, and now also JM. He wont go to any prem side, so letting him go would just strengthen another championship side. Decent cover to have. That's it. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KHV said:

He's always been a nothing player. Was an awful signing from day one given the money and salary. Forest fans were never bothered by him leaving as wasn't that good whilst he was there either.

Mediocre sums him up, even that may be a bit generous.

That's not really true, guys I've spoken to said he was their best player and when I watched him I would agree.

Possibly a bit of an attitude problem (comes across as doing the bare minimum), but a very good player technically for this level.

He ended as a Villa player that night in St James Park as fans were on his back for something he did in a game for Forest. He bottled it completely and hasnt looked up for it since. For me he is a highlights player but not good enough

59 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Out of all the signings we've made over the past few years, I think this one disappoints me most. I really thought he was going to be a player for us, and then he had a great debut. Been pretty poor ever since. I do think he has "something" about him though.

I didn't want him here !He has a big time charlie attitude and posted about he had been fined lots of times for dangerous driving or breaking speeds limits before signing for Villa on speculation threads! Then even after this article (Below) he still kept on doing it!

Each club he has been at he has thought he is bees knees and one of the best players. We need to do more research into players backgrounds/due diligence before we sign them i have to do this as a scout before even suggesting players to my club. As a scout on the various scouting courses we are told shouldn't be looking for players with attitudes like Lansbury (Need look more on FA 4 corner model for players) but unfortunately Villa keep doing this time and time again!  Lansbury only hits one of the targets on 4 Corner Mode.

Likes of Lansbury, Richards and McCormack (Who had run in's and attitude issues at all his previous clubs before Villa) would have been avoided had we done proper due diligence. All 3 had issues at previous clubs more than once.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3171092/Henri-Lansbury-hit-six-month-driving-ban-1-500-fine-Nottingham-Forest-midfielder-caught-speeding-115mph.html

Nottingham Forest captain Henri Lansbury, who was caught speeding at 115mph, was travelling so fast because he was not used to driving such a 'powerful' car, a court heard on Wednesday.

The former Arsenal and England starlet, 24, sped past an unmarked police vehicle on the A1M, south of Peterborough on February 2 this year.

The officer then caught up with Lansbury's Bentley Continental GT, which had averaged a staggering 115mph over 0.6miles.

Edited by Villan4Life

41 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

We need to do more research into players backgrounds/due diligence before we sign them

This. The moneyball approach should take psychological aspects into account but, when signing the likes of Adama and Ayew, we didn’t. 

V4L, this is prob the wrong thread, but I’d love to know more about what you’re asked to look out for in this regard. Do you need to assess a player on ‘what does this guy do when his team is losing’, for example? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

This. The moneyball approach should take psychological aspects into account but, when signing the likes of Adama and Ayew, we didn’t. 

V4L, this is prob the wrong thread, but I’d love to know more about what you’re asked to look out for in this regard. Do you need to assess a player on ‘what does this guy do when his team is losing’, for example? 

Will PM you mate

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

Nothing wrong with his attitude professionally, he trains really well and was captain at Forest. His problem is fitness related, he’s suffered with persistent niggly injuries since he’s been with us and never got a good run of games for us to see what he can do in this league. 

His back is an ongoing issue and has had trouble with one of his knees too. If he can stay healthy he’s a great option in the Championship off the bench. 

Sure he’s on a lot of money but a lot of people forget that the fee at the time was considered pretty low as he was in the last year of his contract at Forest. 

Yes, he's always been part of the bench if fit, and I certainly didn't see any side of his attitude when warming him, seemed very professional.

He's just not very good.

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I didn't want him here !He has a big time charlie attitude and posted about he had been fined lots of times for dangerous driving or breaking speeds limits before signing for Villa on speculation threads! Then even after this article (Below) he still kept on doing it!

Each club he has been at he has thought he is bees knees and one of the best players. We need to do more research into players backgrounds/due diligence before we sign them i have to do this as a scout before even suggesting players to my club. As a scout on the various scouting courses we are told shouldn't be looking for players with attitudes like Lansbury (Need look more on FA 4 corner model for players) but unfortunately Villa keep doing this time and time again!  Lansbury only hits one of the targets on 4 Corner Mode.

Likes of Lansbury, Richards and McCormack (Who had run in's and attitude issues at all his previous clubs before Villa) would have been avoided had we done proper due diligence. All 3 had issues at previous clubs more than once.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3171092/Henri-Lansbury-hit-six-month-driving-ban-1-500-fine-Nottingham-Forest-midfielder-caught-speeding-115mph.html

Been thinking this for ages now......we have not been up to speed with this.

problem is for the last 10 years everything has been a panic and desperation.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

...he had been fined lots of times for dangerous driving or breaking speeds limits before signing for Villa on speculation threads! Then even after this article (Below) he still kept on doing it!

Nice to have a player with some real pace to call upon. Clearly he's fast and he is no doubt furious about not making our first team line up. Henri may yet prove to be the right man for the Villa after all! :)

Edited by John
  • Haha 1

McGinn, Hourihane,  and Grealish are all our first choice for starters and probably not all of them can start at once. Then we have Thor, and Lansbury as depth options. I just don't see how Lansbury gets any time unless we get some long term injuries. Plus I'd like to see Doyle-Hayes get minutes too. 

21 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I’d be intrigued too mate if you could copy and paste me a pm? Always interested in the inner workings of this type of stuff. 

Sure mate no problemo. when I’m back from port vale vs Lincoln I’ll pm you as my iPhone battery dies pretty quick at Games haha

• Like 1

I think he obviously has some ability- you would not have played for Arsenal or played for the England U21's, but I think he is a sort of player you have to build a team around or not bother with. His best time so far was at Forest when he was the main man- but they never finished in the top 6 during his entire time at the club. He also badly lacks pace in a era when being mobile is so important.

Overall I think it sums up the Villa scattergun transfer approach since we have got relegated- he was seen a one of the best midfielders in the division and his contract was running out, but he has never really fitted in the side and you do wonder if Bruce ever actucally wanted him here in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think he'll be loaned out somewhere by the end of the window.

Yep, he was pretty far down the list last season, cant see this improving this one.

20 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think he obviously has some ability- you would not have played for Arsenal or played for the England U21's, but I think he is a sort of player you have to build a team around or not bother with. His best time so far was at Forest when he was the main man- but they never finished in the top 6 during his entire time at the club. He also badly lacks pace in a era when being mobile is so important.

Overall I think it sums up the Villa scattergun transfer approach since we have got relegated- he was seen a one of the best midfielders in the division and his contract was running out, but he has never really fitted in the side and you do wonder if Bruce ever actucally wanted him here in the first place. 

He can barely be classed as an Arsenal player. He managed 3 games in 5 years for them. I nearly played as many games for Arsenal during the same period!

Â