Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How do you know he’s on that much?

Obviously I don't "know".

But it's what was reported when we signed him, and what I can find on any source when browsing the interweb and what he's on at Football Manager :D

(He's actually on 46.5 k/w Euros on Football Manager)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

How do you know he’s on that much?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/staggering-wages-left-aston-villa-12658260

It's the mirror, but there are a lot of articles saying the same thing when you search for Aston Villa wages. 

It's crazy wages. Bree being on £23,000 is insane to be. He probably tripled his wages coming here. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/staggering-wages-left-aston-villa-12658260

It's the mirror, but there are a lot of articles saying the same thing when you search for Aston Villa wages. 

It's crazy wages. Bree being on £23,000 is insane to be. He probably tripled his wages coming here. 

Thanks Czechlad

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I don't for one minute believe that Bree is on £23000 a week. I refuse to acknowledge an article by James Nursey as fact ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

I don't for one minute believe that Bree is on £23000 a week. I refuse to acknowledge an article by James Nursey as fact ?

this is Aston Villa. Doris the Tea Lady is on £64000 a week plus bonuses

• Haha 4

Doris should have her own thread. She's getting alot of attention and praise on this board!

The way we've been run I wouldn't be surprised if alot of these players are on reasonable premier league wages. 

56 minutes ago, Hughes said:

To me Lansbury is kind of an enigma. When we signed him I for one was very happy, we did not pay much and I had seen him many times for Forest. To me, he was one of the absolute best players in the CChip, often dominating games for a crap Forest, chipping in quite a lot of goals and he was clearly a leader. No doubt he has been used in a wrong position at Villa - only Villa would turn an attacking, goal scoring midfielder into a holding CM. Still only 27 or 28, could be important for us this season but needs to be utilised correctly to bring out the best in him. 

Good post

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

So what now?

I would sell him to be honest. It's a shame as he was the player I was most excited about when we signed him. Even on his debut I thought he looked immense.

I can't quite work out if he's declined as a player or if he just hasn't been utilised in the right way (which with Bruce wouldn't surprise me in the slightest)

The main factor here is if we can begin to play with 3 x CM's then Lansbury will prove a useful player this season in rotation with Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane and Bjarnasson. This then leaves Whelan and Jedinak to be moved on in the next transfer windows.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I would sell him to be honest. It's a shame as he was the player I was most excited about when we signed him. Even on his debut I thought he looked immense.

I can't quite work out if he's declined as a player or if he just hasn't been utilised in the right way (which with Bruce wouldn't surprise me in the slightest)

The main factor here is if we can begin to play with 3 x CM's then Lansbury will prove a useful player this season in rotation with Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane and Bjarnasson. This then leaves Whelan and Jedinak to be moved on in the next transfer windows.

He's always been a nothing player. Was an awful signing from day one given the money and salary. Forest fans were never bothered by him leaving as wasn't that good whilst he was there either.

Mediocre sums him up, even that may be a bit generous.

• Like 2

Personally think its the inconsistency which is the biggest issue. He's certainly capable of doing good things. He has the odd good game but they tend to be surrounded by a pile of crap ones. Even during games he'll make one pass that Zidane would be proud of and the next one even Jedinak would be a bit embarrassed. 

Overall he's definitely mediocre and the money we are paying is truly a joke. He's too old now to grow out of that inconsistency that's just what he is. 

Â