Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I disagree i thought lansbury did okay. He did a absolute world class tackle to save us second half. 

I completely agree, he defines wasn’t the one we should jump on after yesterday’s game 

51 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I disagree i thought lansbury did okay. He did a absolute world class tackle to save us second half. 

He certainly did, it was a superb tackle. For me though, that was pretty much is sole meaningful contribution...although he looked better when Jedi went.

Edited by terrytini

23 minutes ago, terrytini said:

He certainly did, it was a superb tackle. For me though, that was pretty much is sole meaningful contribution...although he looked better when Jedi went.

But that alone saved us I feel terry as it was a t in for the hull player. I think he did better than jedinak who looked slow and tired

11 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Thought he was decent in the first-half, petered-out a bit in the second but made that tackle and was way, way better than Grealish and Jedinak. 

"That tackle" its about 90 odd minutes......but the other 2 were pants, your right.

You can't say that 90 minutes of the game passing him by is OK just because of one tackle. 

Maybe if he had grabbed the game by the scruff of it's neck and imposed himself there would have been no need for a last ditch tackle. 

Agree he's not one to specifically single out over anyone else, but he has proved he's not the messiah that people were hoping for, basically no different to Hourihane and our midfield continues to under perform. 

• Like 1

On 01/04/2018 at 14:50, sidcow said:

You can't say that 90 minutes of the game passing him by is OK just because of one tackle. 

Maybe if he had grabbed the game by the scruff of it's neck and imposed himself there would have been no need for a last ditch tackle. 

Agree he's not one to specifically single out over anyone else, but he has proved he's not the messiah that people were hoping for, basically no different to Hourihane and our midfield continues to under perform. 

No one has said he is a messiah god knows where you have seen that !

On 4/1/2018 at 12:50, sidcow said:

I didn't see the game (fortunately?!) so maybe this is true - however, it's fairly ridiculous to write him off after 1 game.  Hourihane has been garbage for weeks now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

At least Hourihane provides a goal threat though. Hourihane also averages as many tackles and interceptions as the defensive mids playing next to him. 

Yes, he does - because he gets completely bypassed and tries to win the ball back; rather than being useful on the ball and driving us forward. His goals this season have made him appear to be better than he has been IMO. (Like the reverse of Grealish, who hasn’t scored but has generally been good)

57 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yes, he does - because he gets completely bypassed and tries to win the ball back; rather than being useful on the ball and driving us forward. His goals this season have made him appear to be better than he has been IMO. (Like the reverse of Grealish, who hasn’t scored but has generally been good)

The guy has 10 goals from the box to box midfield role. He clearly is doing something right. Our win percentage is also significantly higher with him starting matches. Hourihane has been good basically 3 out of every 4 matches. You may say well why isn't he good in every match? Because if he was, he'd be in the premier league. We have a good midfielder who is pretty consistent, but can be prone to a poor match. Who knows why he occasionally plays poorly, but I am glad we have him in the team. 

Â