Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

52 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Good value - still need another in midfield - preferably hourihane.

100% agree. Doesn't seem to be on our radar.. lots of links but not him. Just one article briefly mentioning him. If he's available it's a big mistake not getting him.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

I always thought he was a little shit, but it's about time we signed a player that gets people's backs up.

We could have got Joey Barton for free who dose a pretty good job at doing that! ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chap of Steel said:

Hope we sign him. Can't imagine one of our current midfield options getting a hat-trick!

Hourihane with a lovely assist in there as well

• Like 1

Surely Westwood is fir sale now? We can't sign Lansbury and one other without having any cm going surely?

hopefully it's not Tish as I would rather have him than both of gardwood

Edited by Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Surely Westwood is fir sale now? We can't sign Lansbury and one other without having any cm going surely?

Given how absurdly light we are in midfield (thanks RDM) I imagine Bruce will want to hang onto him this season just for the sake of having an extra body. 

He can **** off forever in the summer though, of course.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No not really. Gardner has a history of injury problems and it appears that Jedinak can't hack playing 2 games  a week. We need squad depth. 

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

We've already got Westwood! Oh I see what you mean ;)

:lol: Yeah, opposition fans. A lot of players are disliked because they possess something effective - show up with goals and assists at crucial stages (Lansbury against us), get an important player send off (Shelvey) or even act as a distraction to the opposition with their character and appearance (The passionate celebrations and hairstyle). They're the sort of intangible qualities we've really lacked through the side.

I hope we pair him up with someone who has a real engine and passing ability, we might finally have balanced options in the side!

From what I've heard he's a bit of a Match of the Day player. But I haven't seen that much of him.

From what I have seen he'll be an upgrade to our midfield. And at 3.5 million it's basically a no brainer.

Just now, a m ole said:

If he appears on Match of the Day for us, I would say the signing has worked out!

Haha true!

To clarify, I meant he looks better on a highlight reel than he actually is.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

A traffic cone would change our current midfield dynamic.

I don't think I've ever seen a more accurate description of our longstanding midfield malaise than this. 

here's hoping Henri isint the only new recruit in midfield come Feb 1.

Edited by Sgl

4 hours ago, Chap of Steel said:

Hope we sign him. Can't imagine one of our current midfield options getting a hat-trick!

Just watching this video and seeing him busting a gut to get himself in the box shows how poor our midfield is.

A goalscoring midfielder is what we have been crying out for for years!

• Like 3

Â