Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Lansbury, does not strike me as a driving force or a leader in midfield.

He strikes me as a player who goes with the flow and fits in to the ebb and flow of the game....a passive player with the odd nice ball......not a dominate driving force, which I am desperate to see.

I think we have many central midfielders you could pick out of hat all very samey in terms of effectiveness.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Funny how the best way to become a Villatalk favourite is not to play for the team for a while. ;)

I guess players get picked according at least in part to how they perform in traIning  so I guess we don’t have all the data available to work out why he’s not been in the match day squad.

Onomah must be shit hot in training.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Lansbury, does not strike me as a driving force or a leader in midfield.

He strikes me as a player who goes with the flow and fits in to the ebb and flow of the game....a passive player with the odd nice ball......not a dominate driving force, which I am desperate to see.

I think we have many central midfielders you could pick out of hat all very samey in terms of effectiveness.

Do you think lansbury should replace hourihane tro ? 

‘I think connor has been off his game for a while now . 

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Do you think lansbury should replace hourihane tro ? 

I think connor has been off his game for a while now . 

So do I.....If I am being honest I haven't been convinced in either of them.

They don't show me what I am looking for in a central Midfielder.....not many of ours do if i am being honest......but I don't want to be too depressive.....Jed can dominate in the air, but much too slow on the floor.

I want to see players who can do both and pass the ball.( not much hey)

I am not sure what the answer is.....its always the same when too many lose form or too many injuries all at once.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2018 at 18:27, TRO said:

So do I.....If I am being honest I haven't been convinced in either of them.

They don't show me what I am looking for in a central Midfielder.....not many of ours do if i am being honest......but I don't want to be too depressive.....Jed can dominate in the air, but much too slow on the floor.

I want to see players who can do both and pass the ball.( not much hey)

I am not sure what the answer is.....its always the same when too many lose form or too many injuries all at once.

Well what a difference a day makes......I thought Conor played well against Wolves.

The one thing that impressed me most was his willingness to go for the jugular. Even at 3-1 he's looking for the killer ball rather than being content to knock it into the corner. Now that may have been a managerial decision, but I still admire his balls. 

I disagree with whomever said he isn't a 'driving force' kind of player. That's all he really is and there's little else to him. He has one thing on his mind - the opposition goal. Tactically abysmal, headless and inconsistent but he's an on the front foot player and there will be a time and a place for him during the run in no doubt.

Great to see him back on the pitch.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

lansbury i think was who picked out bjarnasen for the 4th goal. lansbury i am glad is ahead of onomah

gthink onomah is finished here and glad bruce has stopped giving him a game as he has been utterly poor  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

lansbury i think was who picked out bjarnasen for the 4th goal. lansbury i am glad is ahead of onomah

gthink onomah is finished here and glad bruce has stopped giving him a game as he has been utterly poor  

He's been up and down. Has 4 goals for us this season and has had some really good games too. But as of late he's been fairly poor in general, but I think the same applied to Conor when Grealish was out of the equation. I still think he can put in some good cameos as well. Basically it's just good to have options from the bench.

5 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

He's been up and down. Has 4 goals for us this season and has had some really good games too. But as of late he's been fairly poor in general, but I think the same applied to Conor when Grealish was out of the equation. I still think he can put in some good cameos as well. Basically it's just good to have options from the bench.

he has been poor for months now while lansbury has played what three games for us and scored as a sub where he looked very good vs leeds 

time for lansbury to get a  good ahead of onomah who for me is average at best and very lazy. at this crucial stage we need commited players 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

he has been poor for months now while lansbury has played what three games for us and scored as a sub where he looked very good vs leeds 

time for lansbury to get a  good ahead of onomah who for me is average at best and very lazy. at this crucial stage we need commited players 

I agree that Lansbury has done enough to be given a chance ahead of Onomah based on the past couple of appearances. I still think that Onomah has enough to do well too and link up with Grealish well which he has done previously. I'm all for Lansbury being ahead in the current pecking order though, don't get me wrong.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean, yes it was Lansbury who passed it to Bjarnasson.

But it's a bit generous to say he "picked him out" :D 

Onomah would have dribbled into a defender to be fair

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Should have been some time ago to be honest IMO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean, yes it was Lansbury who passed it to Bjarnasson.

But it's a bit generous to say he "picked him out" :D 

I dont think onomah would have though or whelan who probably would have played it back to johnstone! 

I like Henri, but whether he starts, that's all up to Bruce.

I want him to be chosen because the manager believes he is the best man for the job, not because of fan pressure.

Â