Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

• 1 month later...

Time to give lansbury more of a chance ahead of onomah. onomah has had countless opportunities and been average to poor.  lansbury scored against leeds and then started the next game didnt do too badly but then was benched and disappeared. i think he needs a more of a chance now. he is quite  a clever player when used properly. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Time to give lansbury more of a chance ahead of onomah. onomah has had countless opportunities and been average to poor.  lansbury scored against leeds and then started the next game didnt do too badly but then was benched and disappeared. i think he needs a more of a chance now. he is quite  a clever player when used properly. 

If Grealish is not back tomorrow night I would sit Onomah in the ACM role and then bring on Lansbury around 60/70 mins depending on what type of game Onomah was having.

All if's and but's at the moment though.

One thing we are all sure of is that Onomah needs to step it up.

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If Grealish is not back tomorrow night I would sit Onomah in the ACM role and then bring on Lansbury around 60/70 mins depending on what type of game Onomah was having.

All if's and but's at the moment though.

One thing we are all sure of is that Onomah needs to step it up.

I dont recall him having a good game in 2018. I think its time to give lansbury more a role now if grealish is not fit. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont recall him having a good game in 2018. I think its time to give lansbury more a role now if grealish is not fit. 

I agree with the Lansbury call, altough I think we should see if there is something within Onomah in his so-called natural ACM position.

If his performance and game does not improve with this then it is obvious he is not going to cut it here for a varied amount of reasons.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree with the Lansbury call, altough I think we should see if there is something within Onomah in his so-called natural ACM position.

If his performance and game does not improve with this then it is obvious he is not going to cut it here for a varied amount of reasons.

Give Lansbury a go, Onomoah hasn't got any more chances in my book. He is not interested and seems to dont care

• Like 2

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Got to be in with a shout at the weekend.  Hourihane has gone right off the boil, and he'll have a point to prove.

With Grealish out he’d have probably been the closet thing we have to a replacement 

but instead we put a DM at RB , move our RM to left wing our DM to CM and so on and so on

id start him on Sat he should at least be fresh 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

With Grealish out he’d have probably been the closet thing we have to a replacement 

but instead we put a DM at RB , move our RM to left wing our DM to CM and so on and so on

id start him on Sat he should at least be fresh 

exactly. I don't understand it. Lansbury scored goals in the championship playing off the striker for Forest. We only use him deep. We have used him incorrectly so often. Give him a run. Will offer more than Bikir and Onomah going forward. Or play RHM/Ohare

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Does seem strange he was straight back in the team last time he was fit now he can't get a look in.

Wasnt there rumours of an alleged argument he had with somebody around January in training. Its looking to me that maybe more to that as he has dropped well down the pecking order

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Wasnt there rumours of an alleged argument he had with somebody around January in training. Its looking to me that maybe more to that as he has dropped well down the pecking order

Yes I was coming to this conclusion myself that all may not be right.

I think he deserves a start while things have been going bad in last 2 games.

Don't get what he has done not to deserve a chance. For me he was good when he first joined and is obviously a good footballer.

Maybe something behind the scenes but for me the answer to many of our problems over these two games, yet can't get on the pitch.

One thing I truly hate about Bruce is his inability to play his best players. He has continually not done this. Grealish and Adomah got back in the team and showed him the players they are, why can't Lansbury at least be given the chance to do the same?

Funny how the best way to become a Villatalk favourite is not to play for the team for a while. ;)

I guess players get picked according at least in part to how they perform in traIning  so I guess we don’t have all the data available to work out why he’s not been in the match day squad.

• Like 3

Our win percentage with Lansbury starting matches is shocking. 

Could be other factors behind that, but since joining us, we have only won 6 matches in which Lansbury has started a match. Our goals conceded ratio is also higher with him starting likely because he is poor defensively. 

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Funny how the best way to become a Villatalk favourite is not to play for the team for a while. ;)

I guess players get picked according at least in part to how they perform in traIning  so I guess we don’t have all the data available to work out why he’s not been in the match day squad.

I don’t think it’s a matter of being better when not in the team (even though this has happened in the past). More to do with Hourihane looking tired and out of form.  

Â