Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just noticed that he's playing for Luton, how the eff did anyone ever consider him good enough for Villa. 

Of course he'll score a brace now I've posted this

We tried to sign the best players from the championship, shame most of them failed.

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

We tried to sign the best players from the championship, shame most of them failed.

James Bree also plays for Luton, and uncle Albert is playing for QPR. It's a right Villa love in.

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just noticed that he's playing for Luton, how the eff did anyone ever consider him good enough for Villa. 

Of course he'll score a brace now I've posted this

He was considered one of the best players in the championship at the time. Never had any pace  though.

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He was considered one of the best players in the championship at the time. Never had any pace  though.

But had a great beard, that's good enough for most

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Serious answer? Luton are currently one place higher in trhe Championship than we were when we signed him.

It was also a cheap punt on a player who should have been hitting his peak, less than £3m, on Forest's captain, who'd looked good that season with 6 goals including one against us. 

It didn't work out, but it wasn't an appalling bit of business at that price, especially not compared to some of our other signings at aorund that time.

Maybe I'm being harsh but for me he never improved us, injured and slow is all I remember. 

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Serious answer? Luton are currently one place higher in trhe Championship than we were when we signed him.

It was also a cheap punt on a player who should have been hitting his peak, less than £3m, on Forest's captain, who'd looked good that season with 6 goals including one against us. 

It didn't work out, but it wasn't an appalling bit of business at that price, especially not compared to some of our other signings at aorund that time.

Pretty sure he had 6 months left on his contract and we swoop in with a 30k a week deal 😂

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Â