Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Me too, surprised how he's career as gone as I I thought he wasn't a bad defender, just always had head injuries

It's been OK I reckon. Around 300 career games, very few below the Championship.

Put his head where it hurts a bit too often. It was Trezeguet esq kamikaze defending very very often.

• Like 1

I had a look on the Bristol City forum earlier and quite a few of them seem surprised that they've let Baker go, I imagine he'll end up at a decent midtable championship team.

Not sure what will happen with Lansbury, was surprised he got a move to Bristol City in the first place, on the day he signed for them they were eighth just three points of the play-offs, they finished the season nineteenth, below small heath and twenty-six points off the play-offs.

I always liked Baker, I think he was a bit unlucky in coming through at a time when the club was a complete shitshow, and he was probably relied on too much before he was really ready. He was also definitely more old-school, defending-first-not-so-much-passing in playing style.

But given his rather alarming record of head injuries, and the fact he's now 30, if he's got a decent amount of money saved I think he'd be better off going into coaching rather than seeing out his career in League One or Two.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I always liked Baker, I think he was a bit unlucky in coming through at a time when the club was a complete shitshow, and he was probably relied on too much before he was really ready. He was also definitely more old-school, defending-first-not-so-much-passing in playing style.

But given his rather alarming record of head injuries, and the fact he's now 30, if he's got a decent amount of money saved I think he'd be better off going into coaching rather than seeing out his career in League One or Two.

I said before and not just Baker but Clark, Weimann, Gary Gardner etc. They had a shit system to come into and they were damaged severely. Its why I get pissed when people are demanding Kesler, Chuk and Barry to start. We shouldnt be rushing these lads and Smith is gradually bringing in Ramsey for a start which is sensible

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

Me too, surprised how he's career as gone as I I thought he wasn't a bad defender, just always had head injuries

He has never been the same after he tried to shoulder barge Davis, Whoever was there will remember

When you look at Baker and some of the players he played with for our reserves, Clark, Albrighton, Weimman, James Collins, Hogg, Bannan, Lichaj, Gardner, Lowry, and Johnson, he and they all had or are having pretty decent careers in the top two divisions, bearing in mind that most players that come through the academy end up playing non league footbal or disappear from the game altogether.

• Like 1

Is Samir Carruthers still knocking around?

I thought he was one of the more talented ones to come through in the 2010-12 but he only made the odd sub cameo for us and rumours his attitude wasn't that great.

Then went down and did really well in league 1, Sheffield United signed him under Wilder but he barely played and now idea where he is now.

Looks like Bristol anyway just took over the last 6 months of Lansbury's deal here so up to him to try to earn a longer one but hasn't happened.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Samir Carruthers still knocking around?

I thought he was one of the more talented ones to come through in the 2010-12 but he only made the odd sub cameo for us and rumours his attitude wasn't that great.

Then went down and did really well in league 1, Sheffield United signed him under Wilder but he barely played and now idea where he is now.

Looks like Bristol anyway just took over the last 6 months of Lansbury's deal here so up to him to try to earn a longer one but hasn't happened.

Weirdly, I looked him up earlier. He's playing for Hemel Hempstead Town in the National League South (!).

• Shocked 1

39 minutes ago, useless said:

When you look at Baker and some of the players he played with for our reserves, Clark, Albrighton, Weimman, James Collins, Hogg, Bannan, Lichaj, Gardner, Lowry, and Johnson, he and they all had or are having pretty decent careers in the top two divisions, bearing in mind that most players that come through the academy end up playing non league footbal or disappear from the game altogether.

in fairness if your academy makes one player that is sold to the Championship it makes up for the cost of a season. People shit on the Villa academy but we have one of the best for players that played in the Football League. Even before that Gabby, Moores, Steven Davis, Delfouneso, Whittingham all made a good enough career

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in fairness if your academy makes one player that is sold to the Championship it makes up for the cost of a season. People shit on the Villa academy but we have one of the best for players that played in the Football League. Even before that Gabby, Moores, Steven Davis, Delfouneso, Whittingham all made a good enough career

Agreed. Davis and whittingham had very good careers.

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Agreed. Davis and whittingham had very good careers.

I know Villa fans like to shit on him but Gabby as well, I think he was the last to get an England cap before Jack

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Carruthers huge pisshead

Wasn't he caught pissing over a balcony at the races? Along with James Collins I think. He's a decent career. 

Baker will find a better team than small heath, can see him ending up somewhere like Blackburn, or Cardiff, maybe even Sunderland if they get promoted.

I don't think they'd want Lansbury, truth be told they've probably already got midfielders better than him, or at least midfielders that have been performing better than he has performed for a while.

My mate was in a game of Call of Duty with Carruthers the other day, didn't have much to say about Villa apparently, although my mate's a Bradford City fan so I doubt he asked him much about Villa anyway. Crazy to think he came through in the same Next Gen team as Jack considering where they both are now.

• 1 month later...
On 14/05/2021 at 19:03, Zatman said:

I know Villa fans like to shit on him but Gabby as well, I think he was the last to get an England cap before Jack

I know we try to forget about him, but I think that was Delph.

Â