Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

On 12/09/2020 at 05:28, villakram said:

Sure, it could have been stated in a more polite and diplomatic manner, but the absence of standards of excellence in our squad, for far too many a year, needs to be addressed. Lansbury is another of the same old same old, nice fella, mates with people in the squad, donated to charity etc., etc.

Here:

Fat - he has not been fit on numerous occasions. Straightforward unprofessional behavior.

Parasite - he is living off the host and not producing anything.

Kicking - ok, that's not nice, but I would really like to have some people in our squad that would enforce some standards of excellence. There's obviously other ways to skin this cat.

Improving the AVFC football team is something that happens magically apparently. Simply impossible to plan for. 

His performance today only furthers your ridiculous stance.....

• Confused 1

I don't think he's particularly bad. Not sure what happened with him, but his main problem wasn't stepping up at all. He's been playing perfectly at Forest, yet he fail to make an impact with us in the Championship itself.

Last season, he  barely featured. I don't think many teams have a third or fourth players in a certain position which is much better than him. Adding quality non-starters isn't easy at all. Even for starters, the likes of Milot Rashica are thinking a lot before coming. So it's a question of wether it's worth it to waste a lot of money on a players that would be only better than Lansbury in small things? Changing the whole squad won't be easy itself.

I do think we need a starter as a CM. But I don't think getting two would be wise at all.

On 16/09/2020 at 00:25, Dave-R said:

I'm just getting them about the net.

I didnt watch the game so it will be good to see how spot on they are or how much crap they are. Wonder how the people on VT who watched the game will review or if they see any similarities between the review I posted from the net to there side of it. 

His passing was great. He switched play out to Grealish with a long cross field passes to feet on a number of occasions, giving Grealish a 1v1 and loads of space to play in. Both the Watkins goal and the Grealish touchline dance that lead to Watkins missing a sitter were down to early long passes from Lansbury.  He also found Grealish with the corner that resulted in Grealish’s goal.   

• Like 2

Let's not forget that he played OK against Burton Albion. Lansbury is not up to the pace of the PL, but could make a good holding midfielder in the Championship, sitting in front of the back 4 pinging long balls around the pitch. As long as he doesn't have to move he'd do ok.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Let's not forget that he played OK against Burton Albion. Lansbury is not up to the pace of the PL, but could make a good holding midfielder in the Championship, sitting in front of the back 4 pinging long balls around the pitch. As long as he doesn't have to move he'd do ok.

He is a good at creating chances. There's no doubt about that

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

He sprayed one absolutely ridiculous cross field pass. That's all I saw though.

There was one absolutely ridiculous pass someone gave. I thought it was Ramsey, until I saw that he was on the receiving end of it. It was outrageous, sliced City wide open. Might have been that one.

Edited by Keyblade

The unfortunate thing about lansbury is that he obviously has talent, every now and again he does make sublime passes.

its just that he is made of glass, doesn't have the legs any more and doesn't have the required physicality.

Aside from the odd bit of skill here and there he lacks any other attributes needed to make it in the prem.

He could probably be a very good champonship player if given the freedom from team responsibility, but that wont happen while he's earning silly money.

Hopefully when his contract ends, he can move to a decent champ club on reasonable money, and he might even do very well if they are wiling to accommodate his limitations for some flashes of brilliance. (And if he can stay fit)

Agree that it seems to be the physical side of the game he suffers with but he runs his arse off for us when required, which must be tough when you don’t usually play full, competitive matches. He’s one of the senior players in our dressing room and he really isn’t that bad at all to have in the squad

• Like 1

Â