Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

He's basically stealing a living at Villa, yet I don't feel the disdain towards him that I've felt with other players who have done the same in the past. Probably just because he's so handsome.

Seems to be popular about the place as well. lol

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems to be popular about the place as well. lol

I'm sure I heard the same said about Richards, Good guy to keep around etc.

So what I think we're getting at here is when Lansbury moves on we need to find a replacement whole barely plays, on £50k+ p/w but is good to have around the place for bantz and morale?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So what I think we're getting at here is when Lansbury moves on we need to find a replacement whole barely plays, on £50k+ p/w but is good to have around the place for bantz and morale?

So.... an expensive clown/comedian?

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'm more for the combination of a player that plays and is a bit of a laugh myself. A la McGinn or so.

35 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I'm more for the combination of a player that plays and is a bit of a laugh myself. A la McGinn or so.

This. 

We kept Mark Bunn around for years because he was a good laugh but we seem to have survived without his contributions on the footballing side. 

Character is good but ability on the pitch is better. 

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

He's basically stealing a living at Villa, yet I don't feel the disdain towards him that I've felt with other players who have done the same in the past. Probably just because he's so handsome.

I just don’t think you can blame him for not being quite good enough to get picked in our midfield. That’s not a reason to dislike someone or feel disdain.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

i don't mind him, and seems to put the effort in when he plays. had perfectly good goal ruled out and should have gotten us a valuable point last season. and doesn't do silly things like tweeting pics of his flash new motor when we're deep in the shite

still not good enough for the prem though.

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I just don’t think you can blame him for not being quite good enough to get picked in our midfield. That’s not a reason to dislike someone or feel disdain.

I said I don't dislike or feel disdain 😛 

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i don't mind him, and seems to put the effort in when he plays. had perfectly good goal ruled out and should have gotten us a valuable point last season. and doesn't do silly things like tweeting pics of his flash new motor when we're deep in the shite

still not good enough for the prem though.

and yes these are probably good reasons why

You can’t really blame him for sticking around on a good contract. Why would he push for a move to the level of clubs that would want him, when they presumably wouldn’t pay the Premier League wages that we stupidly gave him.

10 minutes ago, villakram said:

I would kick the living fook out of this guy in training were I in the Villa squad. A serious lack of standards having the likes of this fat parasite hanging around.

That's abit not nice, hes still a player at the end of the day and human being, he has tried at least, it may not have worked out for him but we do not need to be nasty towards him at all.

We can be respectful while we criticise can we not.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, villakram said:

I would kick the living fook out of this guy in training were I in the Villa squad. A serious lack of standards having the likes of this fat parasite hanging around.

And yet the squad seem to like him. What exactly has he done wrong to warrant a shooing? 

Â