Jump to content

Henri Lansbury


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

If there is a club out there willing to give him a 4 year deal at £25k a week then I'm sure he will snap their hands off and half their forearms.

In the post Peter Risdale world I'm not sure such a club is out there.

I was only snatching figures out of the air as an example.  Is he actually on £50k with us? Probably not, maybe he will take £15k elsewhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I was only snatching figures out of the air as an example.  Is he actually on £50k with us? Probably not, maybe he will take £15k elsewhere. 

Yes I believe so, he isn’t going anywhere in my view until his contract expires unless it’s a loan with us making up his wages. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

We are getting annoyed now at squad players being happy when the first team does a good thing?

Getting annoyed at their lack of contribution towards since we signed him more like.  He had nothing to do with is staying up or getting promoted

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

This is a really weird opinion. 

We should be happy that even squad players feel included enough to enjoy the team's success.

Not really wierd not. If you dont understand it thats find but not wierd in the slightest

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play to Lansbury, earning £50k / week for being a very bit-part player in our team. However, at least he's not disruptive.

It's a shitter that he takes up a decent portion of the wage budget, bit it's not his fault that the club was so badly run when we signed him as to offer a crazy contract for a Championship player.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Fair play to Lansbury, earning £50k / week for being a very bit-part player in our team. However, at least he's not disruptive.

It's a shitter that he takes up a decent portion of the wage budget, bit it's not his fault that the club was so badly run when we signed him as to offer a crazy contract for a Championship player.

 

Exactly, blame the fat bloke who had to beg borrow and steal to put a side out who spent £5m on him and gave him 40k a week in the Championship. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I was only snatching figures out of the air as an example.  Is he actually on £50k with us? Probably not, maybe he will take £15k elsewhere. 

im sure i read somewhere he's on 40k ish?

But yeah, we wont get rid of him until his contract expires (or a loan where we foot most of his salary for the final year of his contract)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

im sure i read somewhere he's on 40k ish?

But yeah, we wont get rid of him until his contract expires (or a loan where we foot most of his salary for the final year of his contract)

Knowing the contracts we gave at the time he signed he probably had a sweet promotion pay hike inserted that was activated when we went up.

Same with Hogan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not really wierd not. If you dont understand it thats find but not wierd in the slightest

Its a really weird opinion, it shows a great team spirit among the squad. I am sure Lansbury would be happy to play his part if he was offered but he has never been selected and has never once been accused of being a bad apple.

If Lansbury came out sulking at Smith for not playing him even though he is shit then people be having a go at him as well

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest if earns £10,000 or £50,000, he's been a big disappointment. 

I was so excited when we signed him and Hourihane, they really looked like the pair who would reinvigorate our midfield but at no point at all has he really done it for us. 

I just feel players like him and Hogan should have been jumping at the bit to join a club like Aston Villa and as long as we offered a bit more than the competition should be easily attainable without the need to throw ridiculous wages at them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

To be honest if earns £10,000 or £50,000, he's been a big disappointment. 

I was so excited when we signed him and Hourihane, they really looked like the pair who would reinvigorate our midfield but at no point at all has he really done it for us. 

I just feel players like him and Hogan should have been jumping at the bit to join a club like Aston Villa and as long as we offered a bit more than the competition should be easily attainable without the need to throw ridiculous wages at them. 

Lansbury was in the last 6 months of his Forest deal so we would have had offer him a big wage as he had a good season and would have had options. I wasnt a fan but I see why we had to pay big wages for him. Hogan was a 12 million signing or whatever so you also have to pay the big money when you splash that cash

All in all a double victory for Bruce :P 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

That January window was a disaster. Bruce was like a kid at the candy shop. Only Hourihane really succeeded. The Taylor deal was good too.

Gollini for Johnstone,  3 centre midfielders in a January window, Hogan in and Ayew out up front and 1million on Bedeau

Good times

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zatman said:

Gollini for Johnstone,  3 centre midfielders in a January window, Hogan in and Ayew out up front and 1million on Bedeau

Good times

To be fair we needed a midfield badly. We were like a donut out there, nothing in the middle. Hourihane was the best midfielder in the league for a while and getting him for like 3m was amazing business. Lansbury not so much. Bjarnasson uh the less said about him the better lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gollini for Johnstone,  3 centre midfielders in a January window, Hogan in and Ayew out up front and 1million on Bedeau

Good times

Had to Google that and he still rings no bells with me 😲

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

That January window was a disaster. Bruce was like a kid at the candy shop. Only Hourihane really succeeded. The Taylor deal was good too.

Mad we were handing out four and a half year deals back then. Summed up the Xia era of not thinking long term.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â