Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's not really anything to do with his injuries. Even when he's fit he doesn't contribute. It's the recruitment policy. Paying money for a player who had 6 months left on his deal that we could have got for free 6 months later and then giving him a bumper contract that means he can't be sold on if the move doesn't work out. He's not the first player we have done that with but I really hope he's the last. In NWSE/Purslow we trust. 

Its incredibly unfair to come to this conclusion.

As a result of his injuries, hehas never had more than a handful of games in a row to get up to match speed.

For players to adjust and gain form they need to play a steady stream of games in a fixed position in a team that suits their style.  Hes never had this, and under Smith may get a run in a system that suits him and could show how good a player he can be.

• Like 1

He's got the arrogance ( not sure he has the ability ) to try and play passes that split defenses.

He's one of those players who you know  have the ability, he shows it at times, but never consistently. 

I just have a feeling he's gonna come good for us ...............for a game or two .

On 11/01/2019 at 16:13, TRO said:

I think we have had pockets of things since.

Ron Atkinson in his first 18 months with Andy Gray was really good football.....then it fell off a cliff, like normal, through lack of investment.

We went something like 6 games/2 Months without scoring in Big Rons first season.   But yes Under Big Ron the football was good to watch and under Little the first couple of Seasons

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Injured again. Hamstring gone again in training again this week. Out for Saturday.

Very frustrating 

Thanks for the update.

I was hoping to see him on the pitch so ditto what you said,, frustrating.

6 hours ago, sne said:

The new Jermaine Jenas, only he's ours.

Shame for him, shame for us.

Only 2.5 years left to run on his £35-40k/w contract

Well we need someone to replace Micah on the 'doing nothing to earn their salary list' when Micah leaves in the summer 🙄

• Haha 1

For gods sake! I've had high hopes of him coming back and showing what he can do, I think his passing ability would fit well with the way DS wants to play. But I'm staring to beleive he will never come back, how many injuries can a man have?? Ok if he was nearing 40, but he's not even 30, what's wrong with him? That strong good looking appearence is just a facade, behind the surface is an old mans crooked and fragile body.

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

His injury record wasnt that bad at forest.  It's just bad luck. Surely they should just operate ?

He is of the same band of that is Jack Wiltshire & Aaron Ramsey at Arsenal.

They're all only fit for a national accident helpline advert.

Â