Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Pointless waste of resources. Hasn't done a thing in a Villa shirt, mugged us off for millions in wages and always injured. If he was a Horse they'd shoot him.

Correct.

He is in a long line of other players - past & present, that have taken the piss.

(Off topic) When you bringing your artistic colourful avatar pic back?

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I think a bit of irrelevance has slipped there SGC, if you don't mind he saying ( with a Jim Royle tone)....are you implying the ref's are partial to the odd bit of eye candy?

lets bring back Ginola...."cuz he's worth it"😆

Haha I guess so :) my Mum loves Ginola

Henry is a good player but he is not worth his wages if he continues to be injured this much. Wouldn’t be surprised if his next contract is a pay as you play given his injury record. If he was an outstanding player then he would be worth persevering with and letting him drop in whenever he’s fit ala Kompany or Ledley King, but I’m not sure he is even above average for this league. He’ll end up being a good but risky signing for a league 1 club down the line, who can only get him due to his injury record.

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

For me this player (Lansbury) is finished and I would look to offload him come June.

Who is going to sign him given his abject failure at Villa, his injury record and his massive wages? He's just another in the long line of players we can't give away. If we do manage to sell him it will be a miracle. Most likely he will go down the McCormack route of being loaned out where we still pay 90% of the wages. 

Edited by villa89

13 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Who is going to sign him given his abject failure at Villa, his injury record and his massive wages? He's just another in the long line of players we can't give away. If we do manage to sell him it will be a miracle. Most likely he will go down the McCormack route of being loaned out where we still pay 90% of the wages. 

Exactly.

Another loss on that player like many others.

You are right though, If he can't be sold then it would be a loan to somewhere and we will fit the majority of the bill no doubt.

Contracted until 2021 - Another fabulous signing!  :rant:

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I always feel as though Villa approach signing players like Henri wrong.  I mean, when we bought him, we'd just been relegated, but were faves to go up.  He'd been with Forest a few years and whilst they were always in and around the play off spaces, it's not like they were ever going to get out of it, unless they sneaked through to a play off final. 

We had all the ammo really to sit down with him and say "you want to play for a big club?  Come and earn it" - match his Forest wages and the premise that we're going for promotion, and once we get there he will have a crack at the PL. 

It always seems to me like we're begging these lesser players to come, and offer them huge basic wages to say "we're still a big club, we promise!!". 

Always something that annoyed me. 

Good read and i think what you said is an understatement.

We are attractive to all sorts of players, especially those who carry injuries and do not fully disclose all info. I think past regimes have signed excess amounts of waste, something I hope stops. When there is a chance of a real player coming through the door, we can not sign them because were having to deal with FFP due to a world of harmful waste of players on some crazy wages who wont ever become what they should of done. I hate that our club has been used this way as do many of you. Can we say as we blame the players for sitting on long contracts worth nothing to us fans or our club. players who don't fulfill are content to abuse what was thrown at them in the first place by those that were in charge who were on equal amounts of crazy wages, it's a trend that got started at villa and hopefully has stopped.

Untill villa is once more the main object of the player with a desire to succeed instead of players seeing it as a future on high wages, I fear our club will continue to be used in that way, hopefully not.

We need to be a magnet for the player who never give up, the player who strives to better himself every day or game he has at VILLA.

After Tammys snub of that 120k at wolves, he is an example of the type of player who came here to do well, yet could of chose to milk it elsewhere and didn't. There are players out there that do see football as a financial calling more than they see it as what it should be, which is why it's tough to find those players like Mcginn/Grealish who seriously take every game as if there next game won't be happening.

The Fact Grealish stuck with us this season his testament to his loyalty, a player who has stayed with us and actually deserved a higher wage because he earned it.

Id say Mcginn is a very rare case where we got it perfect in signing a player of his quality and worth for very cheaply, he easy should of been double or tripple.

• Like 1

Henri Lansbury, is just another example of the villa injury curse.

I think Villa's recruitment policy, needs a thorough examination, if it hasn't already been done.....The past exploits have been instrumental in contributing to our demise.

players are well aware of their standing, they know if they have more to give or just using us as a conduit to a lucrative lifestyle to see their careers out.we have just been slow as a club to pick it up.....we must be a target for free loaders.

A five year contract is almost 50% of their career.....what a commitment.

Gabby's contract was criminal.

I also think we buy at the wrong times.....We tend to buy when we have a problem.The successful sides strengthen, when they are flying.

when you look at teams like.....Leicester, Watford, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Burnley, Fulham, Southampton, Brighton.......All smaller clubs than ours, but their recruitment has been far more successful and reflective in their rise....they are now a more attractive proposition due to their premier league status.

Our troubles started in the Prem, where we sat on our hands and failed to build prudently.

I have no evidence anything has changed, but hoping it has.

Edited by TRO

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Correct.

He is in a long line of other players - past & present, that have taken the piss.

(Off topic) When you bringing your artistic colourful avatar pic back?

The old Zappa one? There's a blast from the past.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

This.

He also had an excellent game against us at Villa park in the same season he joined, a common Villa transfer 'strategy' over the past couple of decades seems to have been to try and sign players who have done well against us.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Our troubles started in the Prem, where we sat on our hands and failed to build prudently.

Our Troubles started in May 1981 when with a League Championship winning team we only brought in Andy Blair, followed by the Following year after the European Cup win I cant even remember who we bought that sumer.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Henri Lansbury, is just another example of the villa injury curse.

I think Villa's recruitment policy, needs a thorough examination, if it hasn't already been done.....The past exploits have been instrumental in contributing to our demise.

It's not really anything to do with his injuries. Even when he's fit he doesn't contribute. It's the recruitment policy. Paying money for a player who had 6 months left on his deal that we could have got for free 6 months later and then giving him a bumper contract that means he can't be sold on if the move doesn't work out. He's not the first player we have done that with but I really hope he's the last. In NWSE/Purslow we trust. 

50 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Our Troubles started in May 1981 when with a League Championship winning team we only brought in Andy Blair, followed by the Following year after the European Cup win I cant even remember who we bought that sumer. 

This is worth a whole thread,

Surely the most criminal waste of a football opportunity ever?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NIVillan said:

I think we have had pockets of things since.

Ron Atkinson in his first 18 months with Andy Gray was really good football.....then it fell off a cliff, like normal, through lack of investment.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

It's not really anything to do with his injuries. Even when he's fit he doesn't contribute. It's the recruitment policy. Paying money for a player who had 6 months left on his deal that we could have got for free 6 months later and then giving him a bumper contract that means he can't be sold on if the move doesn't work out. He's not the first player we have done that with but I really hope he's the last. In NWSE/Purslow we trust. 

stop it!!!

I am just getting my head up out of the sand....and it hurts now.

22 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, to even play at any level for Arsenal is an achievement. He has been injured a lot of the time he has been here, I thought he was brilliant against Swansea. I think it’s safe to say that you don’t agree with any of my post. He’s one of the best looking lads in the squad but we have quite a good looking team in my opinion 

I just think you overrate a lot of our players! 

The bloke hasn't had a real impact since he joined and none of us have ever called for his inclusion. I hate to see any of our players injured but let's be honest, he isn't a big miss beyond the fact its one less option. 

Trent (who sees a lot of Forest) called it from the start and difficult to disagree that he is another expensive flop. We have wasted a lot of money on shit over the years, our transfer policy is the single biggest reason we are where we are. 

Â