Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

I think Leeds comes to soon for Grealish, which is a big loss. However, would much prefer to see Henri fit in there, especially around the energetic McGinn, as opposed to Whelan. Therefore hoping he's fit enough for the Leeds game. Needs to stay injury free and pursue a bit of form to become a very useful member of the squad. 

6 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I think Leeds comes to soon for Grealish, which is a big loss. However, would much prefer to see Henri fit in there, especially around the energetic McGinn, as opposed to Whelan. Therefore hoping he's fit enough for the Leeds game. Needs to stay injury free and pursue a bit of form to become a very useful member of the squad. 

I agree. I think a midfield 3 of Whelan, McGinn and Hourihane would be just wrong for this. They'll get through us. Our passing would become telegraphed and laboured, bit like last Saturday. If lansbury is right, start him. Has his flaws but tries to go forward.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

He has the passing ability we need in that deep midfield spot, but his tackling/pressing is horrendous.  If Hourihane can't track runs into the box from midfield, Lansbury isn't going to do better.

Lansbury can play. Always could. Great eye for a pass and he is miles more braver on the ball than Hourihane. Not the fastest. You'd worry about him in front of a back four. First things first, needs to stay fit which hasn't happened so far in a villa shirt.

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Bjarnaason is crap sorry. Hides. Doesn't want the ball. Thor is the least apt name for him imho.

Does more than Whelan. If all players were fit, I'd have Grealish-Hourihane-McGinn, then have Lansbury for Hourihane. 

Did more in half an hour today than Whelan has done all season. Thats the best he's played for us since joining us. Earned himself a start with that performance I think.

Also has goals in his locker along with being probably the 2nd best after Grealish at seeing forward passes.

I see a lot of people today comparing him to Whelan because he replaced him as a sub, I think the direct comparison can be a bit misleading - we went with a midfield two today which doesn't suit Whelan at all - when we go back to a three, I think Lansbury is our most natural replacement for Grealish and should be starting games in midfield next to McGinn  - Hourihane should be the defensive one and we can then put Whelan and Bjarnason on the bench. 

I thought he was good today, he's good on the ball, he was playing good passes, showed good energy - there was a bit of a reckless lunge at the end which can be an issue with him, but I think in Grealish's absence he's exactly what we've missed. 

• Like 2

Â