Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Thought his goal at least deserved a mention......great pass out wide and immediately set off on the run that led to the header.....very impressive especially given the state of the game and him having been sidelined for so long. 

Showed good skills, good brain, good commitment....which is a credit to him.

Also another good example of how - for the most part - Bruce successfully gets players attitudes right.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I actually like him as a player, we dont have that many midfielders running into the box after playing the ball out wide like he did at Ipswich. It will help to move the defenders around in the box and create space for others. I really think we could utilize him better than we have done so far.

If he's on the 40k reported then you're probably right there, didn't realise.

Honestly, some of the negotiating by whoever sorts these contracts out over the years is criminal. Taylor is 29 and still has 3 years left. As has Lansbury. Two years left for McCormack who is 32 in August.

Has done **** all, always has flattered to deceive at this level. Not suddenly going to be the answer in his mid to late thirties. Doesn't impose on games, can't get round the pitch, decent range of passing, painfully slow. It isn't enough.

Move him on, will have to be a loan paying x of his wages.

Lansbury’s 27 years old isn’t he?

Not seen the 40 grand a week quote before, but if true that’s a dreadful bit of business.

Unless we can get a couple of million for him, happy to have him as an option on the bench. Provided that the wages quoted there aren’t accurate.

52 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Lansbury’s 27 years old isn’t he?

Not seen the 40 grand a week quote before, but if true that’s a dreadful bit of business.

Unless we can get a couple of million for him, happy to have him as an option on the bench. Provided that the wages quoted there aren’t accurate.

He was in the last year of his contract when we signed him so £30k+ not at all unrealistic.

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He was in the last year of his contract when we signed him so £30k+ not at all unrealistic.

also that seemed to be the best form he ever had at this level as was playing for a deal. Shocker of a transfer

9 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Amazing how many people we buy with good reputations and ruin.

He was always a good to very good performance every 1 in 5 games sort of player. I don't think anyone who has seen him play often actually rated him that highly.

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, he might have an impact this season, his career at Villa hasn’t really got going yet but I think it might this season. He’s a good footballer, coming in to his peak years, you don’t play for Arsenal’s first team if you don’t have something about you

Has to be given a chance this season, unless there is a club that wants to sign him.

Needs to be played in his best position too, he is not a DM. Has got the ability to get goals from midfield. Goal against Leeds was crucial.

I don’t know who will still be here come the end of the transfer window but him and Hourihane in midfield should work, backed up by another who can deal with the defensive side (BB?)

We really should shift the aging players like Whelan & Jedinak, they won’t play enough games and can’t be relied on.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Has to be given a chance this season, unless there is a club that wants to sign him.

Needs to be played in his best position too, he is not a DM. Has got the ability to get goals from midfield. Goal against Leeds was crucial.

I don’t know who will still be here come the end of the transfer window but him and Hourihane in midfield should work, backed up by another who can deal with the defensive side (BB?)

We really should shift the aging players like Whelan & Jedinak, they won’t play enough games and can’t be relied on.

Agreed, I think Gardner will have an important role to play too

4 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

So lacking in pace, just like Hourihane, Gardner, Jedinak and Whelan. Great. 

In my opinion, to play in midfield doesn’t really require pace as such, an engine and stamina is more important than pace

Â