Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If there was truth to this rumour the papers would be all over it. Not sure if it's just real or some moron making stuff up to create a storm on twitter.

Agreed. If some bloke on twitter knows the rags would be all over it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2017 at 16:54, Eastie said:

Noticed this on Twitter in the wyness replies , anyone heard anything ?

39B81196-9676-40CE-9C64-6A55F054728C.jpeg

Turning out that it was perhaps nothing after all..

Think the Twitter poster must have meant Lansbury is gone.. as in home for the day for being naughty.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

One of many many players we have signed over the last few years who are just totally meh for me. 

Will probably have forgotten he played for us in a fee years. 

See Mark Kinsella. 

I think he is quality, the way he played in pre season I thought we would build the midfield around him. I think he has got much more ability and potential than Hourihane, but I guess Hourihane runs more and gives more of an effort. Hope Lansbury stays anyways.

I'd like to see him and Grealish in the two cmf positions in front of Jedi in a 4-1-4-1. I think he would flourish there.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

for me in this division he is a good squad player but doesnt offer much after that and when the going gets tough he is somebody that doesnt like to dig in. Our midfield is not brilliant and he is probably 5th choice in Bruce mind for central spot

http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/cardiff-city-target-henri-lansbury/

Nice spelling there Jamie btw ;) Came across this though. Interesting.

Could Cardiff City’s mystery midfield target be Aston Villa’s Henri Lansbury?

January 8, 2018 Jamie Kemble

Neil Warnock is working hard to tie up a big deal for a midfielder this week and Henri Lansbury could be that man.

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock revealed last week that we waas looking to sign a midfielder for a fee that would break his record spending at the club since arriving in October 2016.

The cryptic clues set by Warnock have left Cardiff City fans desperately trying to discover who the mystery midfielder may be, but we know the involved fee would surpass the £1.5 million spent on Lee Tomlin in the summer.

The Bluebirds’ boss claims it’s someone he has been trying to sign for a few years, but he has never had to the money to pull it off.

We remain unaware of who the midfield target is, but having narrowed the criteria and looked through the possible options, Henri Lansbury seems to be the closest fit.

Lansbury has been in and out at Aston Villa this season through injury and with plenty of competition in midfield, he isn’t first choice.

Steve Bruce is also looking to strengthen midfield and according to sources surrounding the Midlands club, Henri Lansbury could be the man offloaded to make room.

Our information suggests Steve Bruce doesn’t necessarily want to lose Lansbury, but the experienced midfielder may not be content with being anything but first choice.

Inconsistent performances since arriving for £3 million from Nottingham Forest in January 2017 have left him a figure of frustration for supporters, but he certainly has the talent.

If Villa do get someone into their midfield, Lansbury could be available for less than £3 million, putting him in the Neil Warnock’s firing range.

Cardiff are looking for a strong player to help fill the void left by the injured Aron Gunnarsson in midfield and Lansbury could do just that.

The 27-year-old played exactly that role for Nottingham Forest between 2012 and 2017 and being a long-serving Championship midfielder, he is likely to have gained admiration from long-serving Championship manager Neil Warnock.

At this point, the identity of the midfield target remains completely under wraps and Neil Warnock aims to keep it that way, but could it be Henri Lansbury? We could find out this week.

The Cardiff City boss is looking to sign the player ahead of Saturday’s meeting with Sunderland, saying he will be ‘disappointed’ if he fails to do so.

Â