Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

I thought he did OK but struggled the last 20 mins I think due to a lack of matches and in the last 10 mins was refusing to take corners, meaning Grealish reluctantly had to take them, as he was really struggling due to cramping up. I think he'd have been substituted but Samba got injured.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Didn't impress me sorry. I don't think this performance will make him ahead of Hourihance in the pecking order. Has no pace and was playing in a ridiculous quarterback role today. Plus his corners today were awful.

I doubt he is responsible for his role......

• Like 1

10 hours ago, meregreen said:

Thought he was the pick of our outfield players today. Offered movement and was always looking for the quick through ball. I’d play him with Hourihan, and drop Onomah who was awful again.

My view as well. Thought he was the only one trying to get forward. I know I have said it numerous times, but Whelan need to stay behind the other 2 midfielders allowing them to roam forward. Him going forward forced Lansbury to stay back

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yet many seem to think Jack Grealish should be?

Jack has been training for a while now and featured off the bench for the past month?

Lansbury played half hour and is suddenly starting.

On reflection I think his inclusion damaged the whole team, we were wide open because he cannot bloody run. He should be played at the top of a 3 or not at all in my opinion.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Jack has been training for a while now and featured off the bench for the past month?

Lansbury played half hour and is suddenly starting.

On reflection I think his inclusion damaged the whole team, we were wide open because he cannot bloody run. He should be played at the top of a 3 or not at all in my opinion.

Seems they have both been back in training the same amount of time.

https://tinyurl.com/y78h42fz

I don't think either has done enough in the past to be starters, but are good options to have now.

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We're not the manager. We have no idea how fit the players really are. Based off form, we were right to say Grealish deserved the start.

What form would that be? The 89 minutes he has had during the season, where he has come on against tiring players? Jack has great skill, but to say he is in form would be a stretch. I do believe he a good alternative option to have, going into the Christmas run.

2 minutes ago, villianusa said:

What form would that be? The 89 minutes he has had during the season, where he has come on against tiring players? Jack has great skill, but to say he is in form would be a stretch. I do believe he a good alternative option to have, going into the Christmas run.

Onomah's form has been terrible the past few matches. No surprise our results have dipped as well. Anyone other than Onomah would be an upgrade at the moment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Onomah's form has been terrible the past few matches. No surprise our results have dipped as well. Anyone other than Onomah would be an upgrade at the moment. 

Don't disagree with that at all. I would push Hourihane forward, and bring in another mid to play alongside Whelan. Villa and Hourihane have played their best when he fed off Davis.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We're not the manager. We have no idea how fit the players really are. Based off form, we were right to say Grealish deserved the start.

I agree. Based on what we have seen from Grealish he should start. But as you said we don't know how fit he is so it's a bit harsh to be critical of Bruce for not starting him.

Considering Bruce was apparently building a team around him you'd think he would want to start him if he could. 

• 3 weeks later...
Â