Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

It's it just me or did he look more mobile too?

He looks like he has dropped a few pounds as does look much leaner. Competition for places is always good and you can see that both Lansbury and Grealish when they came on were desperate to make an impact. It will hopefully be a kick up the arse for the players they came on for and keep them on their toes.

in fairness with the amount of games we have coming up I would not be surprised to see Lansbury and Grealish starting games soon. It is just a pity we don't have the resources up top that we have in midfield.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

I always think a substitute should cram a 90 minute's worth of energy and performance into however long they get on the pitch and last night, I felt Lansbury did that.

Fair play to him and topped it off with a crucial goal.

• Like 2

Great little cameo last night. Chuffed for him to get his first goal for us. Need to see that sort of performance over 90 mins from him. And then the next game and the next game etc. Do that with any consistency and we'll all be happy.

He was excellent! Took his goal well but what really impressed me was his presence and energy. Changed the flow of the game with his introduction with Grealish.

He was upsetting the Leeds players. For instance Leeds had a free kick and he was marking someone but also pushing and nudging two other Leeds players making his presence known. Things like that make a difference. Sometimes I think Hourihane isn’t strong enough or have that nasty streek.

Wouldnt mind seeing him and Whelan owning that midfield. 

27 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Totally ineffective today. Slowed the play down taking too many touches when needed.

Agreed. 

He's a better passer than Hurihane imo, but doesnt offer the same presence in the middle of the park for me. I thought he'd be really up for today after scoring against leeds after a prolonged period out. Sadly offered very little. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Very sharp on the ball for most of the first half, the only one looking to move it quickly and often first time, less influential in the second half, overall, no worse than Hourihane has been over the past 3 games.

Hourihane does more defensively and has a much better partnership with Whelan. I don't think Lansbury was bad today, but I'd like to see Hourihane back. He didn't deserve to be dropped. Lansbury works better as an offensive sub anyway. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Back to the Lansbury of last season, holding hands with CBs, and playing pointless pass after pointless pass.

I don't disagree, but I will say one thing in his defence. Several times he was on the ball today and visibly gesturing at players ahead of him to move. Our front 4 were very static, especially first half. 

• Like 1

Â