Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

14 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Someone posted a picture of him on Facebook from Snapchat with him making a V sign with his fingers and the caption underneath "East>West AVFC."

Anyone got Snapchat, who can verify if this is genuine? I have no idea how Snapchat works?? 

It's fake. It's an old Twitter pic from June with the words shopped over it. 

Nothing to see. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Someone posted a picture of him on Facebook from Snapchat with him making a V sign with his fingers and the caption underneath "East>West AVFC."

Anyone got Snapchat, who can verify if this is genuine? I have no idea how Snapchat works?? 

Image may contain: 1 person, beard, text and close-up

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Now that I've seen the picture, I realise I interpreted this completely the wrong way. 

The 'V' sign you referred to I assumed was the sweary one. The East > West I read as "East Midlands better than West Midlands".

Basically, I thought you were describing an elaborate Lansbury troll.

Glad to see that's not the case and we still seem to be likely to sign him.

Forest under a transfer embargo because of there takeover? I think they can still sell a player they just can't announce it officially until the embargo is lifted. Rumour is that will be Tuesday when there new buyers are ratified. 

So maybe it's all done and we're waiting on Tuesday?

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Someone has tagged an old photo of Lansbury with an abbreviation of the tagline "The East Midlands are better than the West Midlands, bye bye Aston Villa"

Ah f**k it, I'm now very confused. 

That's what I first thought, before seeing the picture.

When I saw the picture though, I thought it was saying he's moving from East Midlands to West Midlands.

Dunno what to think now. Apparently I've had enough to drink tonight.

9 hours ago, Risso said:

Midfielders shooting from outside the box?  That'll never catch on.

Unlike many others, he seems to know what kind of a shot and where he shoots, instead of maximum power and here's to hoping!

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The £3.5m figure is correct I believe.

I know you have said previously that your not his biggest fan, but £3.5m for a player that is highly rated at this level sounds like good business. From what you have seen of him, do you think its a good deal for the club at that money?

38 minutes ago, av1 said:

I know you have said previously that your not his biggest fan, but £3.5m for a player that is highly rated at this level sounds like good business. From what you have seen of him, do you think its a good deal for the club at that money?

At that money in this market, yes without a shadow of a doubt in my view it represents good value. Wages will be big though.

I think he would improve us significantly in midfield in several ways, he is a good Championship player.

I've seen him a fair few times over the last few years, all I'd say is that his current form is the best I've seen of him which given his contract situation makes me slightly nervous. A couple of months ago I wanted him then I'd cooked a bit after seeing him in a few games.

He isn't a bad player though by any stretch.

He just Perhaps isn't the sort of midfielder I would love us to have, someone like Shelvey who pings the ball about and dictates a game. Compared to Westwood and Gardner though he is Lampard.

Â