Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

27 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bruce's use of Lansbury and Hourihane is proof he has absolutely no clue what he's doing. 

Disagree here.

I think he knows exactly what he's doing. 

And that's the problem. If he DIDNT there would be more hope he would change, as he learned.

And it is it's now clear as day - if it wasn't before - that no matter WHO we buy Bruce has a way he wants them to play, and they have to fit into that . (Which they don't).

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bruce's use of Lansbury and Hourihane is proof he has absolutely no clue what he's doing. 

going on the 1st half of season, we signed 3 of this division standout players in January and they are made to look shit

• Like 2

On 4/30/2017 at 09:12, terrytini said:

Disagree here.

I think he knows exactly what he's doing. 

And that's the problem. If he DIDNT there would be more hope he would change, as he learned.

And it is it's now clear as day - if it wasn't before - that no matter WHO we buy Bruce has a way he wants them to play, and they have to fit into that . (Which they don't).

Well he has said in the press he will be looking at things closely, including myself.

thats does not indicate the intransigence you suggest.

He is clearly miffed at the performances and intends to get to the bottom of it, by all accounts.

Delighted and relieved to see him  - and CH - finally used properly today. And the whole team showed signs it will get more from them with time.

What a crying shame it's taken until now, at the very least that could've happened once our slim promotion hopes had gone.

Anyway what's done is done, just pray it wasn't a one off.

• Like 2

Really rate Henri. He is a very intelligent footballer. Bruce has to utilise him better. He has made him too defensive. He isn't a jedinak. He needs to sign a quality dm like Diane and have lansbury and hourihane push up more

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Needs to be let off the leash more next season, no good having him sitting deep. 

When you look at the goal he scored v us and several others for Forest he was always running onto balls played through to the striker.

It's odd when we've been playing 4-3-3 in any case he hasn't been played purely as the AM.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Was it 2 pens tonight?

Yep, both were pretty well taken. 

Not sure the second one was a penalty to be fair, thought the player (Mitchell Clark?) went down very easily. 

On 5/7/2017 at 18:18, DCJonah said:

Strange. Fans on the internet been saying this for months. Manager with four promotions does it last game of the season. 

Have to admit this is true, before and when they signed I was lead to believe these guys were attacking minded midfielders who scored goals.

Only for them to be almost playing as DM's here ffs!

We will at times have to grind out 1-0 wins. Newcastle had to do it five times and Brighton did it six times. Grinding out 1-0 wins is a big part of any team winning anything. I can't be bothered looking up any more teams but it happens in the premiership all the time. It's the team that grinds out the 1-0 wins that wins. 

What's more Brighton won by one goal 14 times and Newcastle won by one goal 13 times. You do have to battle for points and nobody goes around winning by loads of goals week in week out. 

Having said all that, wouldn't it be nice if we managed to win by more than one goal. What a dream. 

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 4

Â