Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

14 hours ago, terrytini said:

Have to add to that despite being on my hols. 

Lansbury is a class act. Phenomenal work rate and his will to win shines through.

I hate to make pointless comparisons - yet equally I love to make pointless comparisons !!- but I keep thinking he is similar to my one time hero Denis Mortimer.

Hes already my favourite player.

I was just thinking.....He would be player Ron would take a shine to.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I like him, but I'd hoped he'd be a little more effective going forward.

In my view he's not really had licence to do so. Certainly did second half, I'm convinced it's down to instructions, and equally convinced those instructions are evolving and both he and CH will be dangerous as this happens.

I enjoyed the guy behind me loudly declaring 

"I hate that long haired word removed. He couldn't even get into the forest team so why is he in ours?!"

I really wanted to point to out he was their captain and pretty much played every week AFAIK.

And yes, this is one of the guys who worships Alan Hutton

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I still think we need better quality in central midfield if we're to make a run for automatic promotion next season. Between Jedniak, Lansbury and Hourihane Something isn't quite right. 

All 3 are class acts ,  maybe it's the tactics ? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I still think we need better quality in central midfield if we're to make a run for automatic promotion next season. Between Jedniak, Lansbury and Hourihane Something isn't quite right. 

I kinda feel this too.

I am not writing anyone off, but something does not seem quite right to me either.

• Like 1

I enthused about Lansbuy at first he looked like he had all the tools to be a Gerrard-esq midfielder. However he really isn't that quick at all. and he has the turning circle of Gestede.

I don't think he will be with us when we get back to the premier league.

On 16/04/2017 at 01:34, Stevo985 said:

I enjoyed the guy behind me loudly declaring 

"I hate that long haired word removed. He couldn't even get into the forest team so why is he in ours?!"

I really wanted to point to out he was their captain and pretty much played every week AFAIK.

And yes, this is one of the guys who worships Alan Hutton

Is he bald? #hairenvy

I think he's a pretty good player at this level, but I also think he can be improved upon, he's not quite dynamic enough, not really able to dominate games and dictate things for us consistently. He's not at the level of Will Hughes at Derby or Pritchard at Norwich. That's what we're missing IMO. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

29 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I did say I thought he was a little over rated at Forest and perhaps not what we needed...

My mate is a Forest season ticket holder and thought he was great and a very good signing for us. 

14 hours ago, TRO said:

I kinda feel this too.

I am not writing anyone off, but something does not seem quite right to me either.

There is definitely something not right in Midfield, nothing has clicked.  I still think a lot is just down to inexplicable rank bad passing though.  The amount of misplaced passes is staggering. 

Hopefully eventually they will gel and a bit more understanding will develop between them all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

There is definitely something not right in Midfield, nothing has clicked.  I still think a lot is just down to inexplicable rank bad passing though.  The amount of misplaced passes is staggering. 

Hopefully eventually they will gel and a bit more understanding will develop between them all. 

I do appreciate the argument that players need to gel and understand each other's play.....The bit I don't understand is, how long ( reasonably) it takes.

42 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I did say I thought he was a little over rated at Forest and perhaps not what we needed...

I think some of the players we have signed will be a part of an evolving mechanism that enhances our gradual improvement......but may not be long term fixtures.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â