Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Who was the sub who looked about 8 years old? He was shorter than James Taylor. 

Me at half time:

"Why is that ball boy warming up with the subs?"

• Like 1

Some good news in that Lansbury since joining us had 9 yellow cards. He has been one yellow card away from getting a two-game ban but that has now been raised up to 15 yellow cards and so that risk is gone.

Same goes for Hourihane who picked up his 9th yellow on Saturday as well.

Last thing we need with our injury list would be another couple of silly suspensions.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

looks like he is running in treacle half the time to me. Even the highlights from yesterday show the 3 or 4 long range efforts QPR came up with normally involved waltzing past him like he wasn't there

never really watched him play for anyone else so i may have an unfair and inaccurate interpretation of how he played for previous clubs but i thought we were getting a more dynamic midfielder than what he has shown for the most part up to now

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He ran his **** bollocks off yesterday. He didn't have a good game going forward, but this post is insane IMO. I think he has been the pick of the January signings and I expect him to keep improving. 

Yep. I don't see how anyone can be upset with this signing. He does everything better than the players he's replaced. Not just a little bit better, **** different level better. 

• Like 1

Have to add to that despite being on my hols. 

Lansbury is a class act. Phenomenal work rate and his will to win shines through.

I hate to make pointless comparisons - yet equally I love to make pointless comparisons !!- but I keep thinking he is similar to my one time hero Denis Mortimer.

Hes already my favourite player.

• Like 1

I mean he was running to the final whistle on Tuesday, doing his typical Trojan warrior act. This after 5 games in 17 days or so and thousands of air miles. 

You lot want to put him out to pasture!

I do wish he would retire from international football mind you. It massively increases the chances of him breaking down. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

Interesting discussion. I like him as a player, but if we play him and Jedi in the same team we lack a lot going forward. I see them both playing away but only one at home next season...........

but out which one?

Lansbury is not similar to Jedi at all, He is a propper central midfielder!

jedi is fantastic at what he does but massively inferior to lansbury when going forward.

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I mean he was running to the final whistle on Tuesday, doing his typical Trojan warrior act. This after 5 games in 17 days or so and thousands of air miles. 

I do wish he would retire from international football mind you. It massively increases the chances of him breaking down. 

As an Aussie, I have to disagree with you last point.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yep

Nope.

And no. Bollocks to that.

• Like 1

Â