Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Thought first 20 mins his confidence; following Newcastle and forest games where he got hounded by the opposite fans, looked low. However, he grew into that first half. Second he was the one trying to get us out for I'm so deep. Still not as good as his debut and seems to stop makin forward runs that he was doing. Been unlucky with shots the last games with it either just going wide or keeper saves. Think once he gets a goal his confidence will sore again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Good battle between Lansbury and Hughes today, thought Hughes won most battles actually, he looked very good today. 

I thought Hughes was ineffective today to be honest. Has always seemed like a bit of a luxury player to me and the derby fans I spoke to were eager for him to get his big money move to a big club's bench. The overhyping of young English players is strange to me. Thought Bacuna and Lansbury looked better players than him today. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I thought Hughes was ineffective today to be honest. Has always seemed like a bit of a luxury player to me and the derby fans I spoke to were eager for him to get his big money move to a big club's bench. The overhyping of young English players is strange to me. Thought Bacuna and Lansbury looked better players than him today. 

It's funny how people can watch football so differently ha, I thought Hughes was excellent. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's funny how people can watch football so differently ha, I thought Hughes was excellent. 

I thought he looked like a Grealish type player. Lots of potential but how long do you keep saying that for when his overall impact is minimal. Both still have time to make it but both seem to need a kick up the backside to really get them going. 

Edited by tom_avfc

37 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I thought he looked like a Grealish type player. Lots of potential but how long do you keep saying that for when his overall impact is minimal. Both still have time to make it but both seem to need a kick up the backside to really get them going. 

Hughes has done tremendously, he has worked on his game has played 150 times for Derby at the age of 21. He could have easily been in the BPL but he decided to develop his knowledge of the game in the Championship.

Grealish is no where near that standard he certainly needs a kick up his backside

Hughes looked good to me, a good battle with Lansbury, you could see the mutual respect for each other.

Hughes found himself in good positions due to how deep we were, as as a result however, it meant he faced a claret wall alot of the time. He put in one sublime ball over the top on the run which Bent should have finished that was pure class. 

It's like when the likes of Juan Mata don't catch the eye because there's little room to manoeuvre, despite being quality. 

Ironically, sitting back so much possibly helped nullify him to a degree although I still think he looked good. 

Edited by Wezbid

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

he was very good again, i only heard the hype until i watched him this season. sad to say he is probably too technical for some teams in Premier League

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Same, superb performance, everything went through him. 

Lansbury played well though. Do much for being a 1 in 5 player. 

23 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Thought Lansbury put some decent crosses in and got forward a bit more than in other games.

Glad we've got him.

He was given the platform by Jedinak, who surprise surprise looked decent when given license to just do his job with athletic players around him. 

Overall I think Lansbury has been good for us. Consistently good without yet giving a match winning performance. Quite different to what we were told to expect. 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2017 at 01:36, Reivax_Villa said:

Hughes has done tremendously, he has worked on his game has played 150 times for Derby at the age of 21. He could have easily been in the BPL but he decided to develop his knowledge of the game in the Championship.

Grealish is no where near that standard he certainly needs a kick up his backside

I didn't realise he was only 21.  He is 100% going to be a Premier League player.

As for Lansbury I can see him growing in confidence at a bigger club.  He will be a good player for us.

Hourihane got the goal and the chant but I saw a touch of he Denis Mortimer in Lansbury again tonight. 

He was everywhere and gave everything. Our best player again for me because of his all round contribution and, the magic word, character.

• Like 1

Just now, terrytini said:

Hourihane got the goal and the chant but I saw a touch of he Denis Mortimer in Lansbury again tonight. 

He was everywhere and gave everything. Our best player again for me because of his all round contribution and, the magic word, character.

We need a chant for him for sure. He hasn't stopped running since the minute he walked through the door. 

A class act by every measure. I don't remember Mortimer but if you mean he's an all action hero with the ability, the engine and the ambition to dictate the flow of a game, I'm with you all the way. 

Three million quid. Bonkers. 

• Like 1

He doesn't really have any big weakness in his game, which is ideal for a central midfield player. 

Love his composure when we head it out from a cross or whatever, and he'll play the intelligent short pass to the open man, even if he has to take a little time on the ball, rather than hoofing it for it to come right back. 

1 in 5 player? :crylaugh:

Â