Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Have to say, 1st time I have seen him play that I paid attention to him but **** me. He is a Gerrard wannabee. If he keeps this up I will absolutely hate him

played one nice pass in fairness

That sounds like a positive to me if anything.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Have to say, 1st time I have seen him play that I paid attention to him but **** me. He is a Gerrard wannabee. If he keeps this up I will absolutely hate him

played one nice pass in fairness

I can't see the comparisons?

Did you see how bad it was raining tonight i didn't see him slip up once

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

Started well and played some nice passes but fell apart like the rest of the team and got frustrated. At least he has a bit of an aggression about him which I think we've been lacking for a long time.

Why was he being played as a defensive midfielder? He's a player that wants to get in the box and score but Bruce plays him in a position that means his job is to track the opposition midfielders and take away what hes good at. ffs

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think he did get a booking mate

He didn't. It looked like the ref was going to book him early in the second half but he didn't. I think it was one of the reasons Bruce took him off to ensure he didn't get a late booking as he was pushing his luck.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

He didn't. It looked like the ref was going to book him early in the second half but he didn't. I think it was one of the reasons Bruce took him off to ensure he didn't get a late booking as he was pushing his luck.

Yeah, think Bruce pulled him back to tell him that when he left the pitch as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Why was he being played as a defensive midfielder? He's a player that wants to get in the box and score but Bruce plays him in a position that means his job is to track the opposition midfielders and take away what hes good at. ffs

Because we had nobody else to play there, that's not where he'd normally play.

• Like 1

Just now, Fight Like Lions said:

Because we had nobody else to play there, that's not where he'd normally play.

So everytime Jedinak has an injury which seems to be every 4 or 5 games we will just play Lansbury there?  We should be able to adjust our tactics to get the best out of our best players, not handicap them.

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

So everytime Jedinak has an injury which seems to be every 4 or 5 games we will just play Lansbury there?  We should be able to adjust our tactics to get the best out of our best players, not handicap them.

It was a mistake to pick all three new signings in midfield tonight.

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

We didn't have the squad tonight to do anything else, at least with the option to go 4-4-2 with another striker coming in if he does have to cover there again he won't be so exposed as part of a midfield 3.

Â