Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

9 hours ago, richp999 said:

If you like....

Have no idea what you are on about...

Westwood would rather point at someone else to pass the ball to than look to receive it himself was my point 

Read a Forest article recently saying it was time for Lansbury to move on as never lived up to potential and just chatting with Forest fan now saying he won't be missed that much. Has ability but moody and sulky. Don't think it's sour grapes or that he won't kick on with us but interesting nonetheless

Edited by Kiwivillan

36 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Read a Forest article recently saying it was time for Lansbury to move on as never lived up to potential and just chatting with Forest fan now saying he won't be missed that much. Has ability but moody and sulky. Don't think it's sour grapes or that he won't kick on with us but interesting nonetheless

I think a few have said he basically downed tools. He had a very good couple of years for them, but it's a tough place to play too at the minute. The club is a complete mess and as we have seen that spreads down to the playing squad.

He's definitely inconsistent. Despite not watching much Championship football over the last few years, or ever, I did see Forest 4/5 times last season and a couple this year. He's been man of the match a couple of times and virtually anonymous another couple. He's deffo a sulker, though like with us up until the last 48 hours, he didn't have much support at Forest. If we can get the best out of him, consistently, he's a force.

I'm excited by him, he's got that bit of out-the-blue magic about him. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think a few have said he basically downed tools. He had a very good couple of years for them, but it's a tough place to play too at the minute. The club is a complete mess and as we have seen that spreads down to the playing squad.

He's definitely inconsistent. Despite not watching much Championship football over the last few years, or ever, I did see Forest 4/5 times last season and a couple this year. He's been man of the match a couple of times and virtually anonymous another couple. He's deffo a sulker though like us up until the last 48 hours, he didn't have much support at Forest. If we can get the best out of him, consistently, he's a force.

I think you make some good points Dave.......most players are inconsistent.

unless you sign the elite and quite frankly, who can.

The trick is like you say, support. With what we have now hopefully they will gee each other up and compete for attention from the faithful.....when ones at it, the other may not.

I think signing Hourihane, Bjarnson and Lansbury together is the  essence as opposed to valuing them singularly.

Ps the best year we ever had, Sid Cowans was not great, but Mortimer and Bremner was.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I think the difference with Lansbury is he's open that he sulks and throws fits.

In his opening interview for the club he says that even losing training matches causes him to kick things around and get angry. He's clearly a passionate player and if he felt like he was wasting his time at Forest I can see why he likely stopped trying.

I am sure even in the games where he's "anonymous" he's still a powerful figure on the pitch for the rest of our players. So I think we've got a winner here. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's definitely inconsistent. Despite not watching much Championship football over the last few years, or ever, I did see Forest 4/5 times last season and a couple this year. He's been man of the match a couple of times and virtually anonymous another couple. He's deffo a sulker, though like with us up until the last 48 hours, he didn't have much support at Forest. If we can get the best out of him, consistently, he's a force.

Like Merson?

• Like 1

On 1/24/2017 at 07:24, villarocker said:

Lansbury and Hourihane are going to be the makings of a brighter future for this club. I also think Jedinak will be better off for having them alongside him in the engine room. He can concentrate on breaking up play and let them do the technical stuff. 

play Jedinak behind them in away games to not exhaust him and then Lansbury and Hourihane alone at home when teams sit back vs us. I cant remember a team starting vs us at Villa Park attacking us from the start

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

play Jedinak behind them in away games to not exhaust him and then Lansbury and Hourihane alone at home when teams sit back vs us. I cant remember a team starting vs us at Villa Park attacking us from the start

Sounds good

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sounds good

Â