Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Found the article:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/580874/Aston-Villa-Transfer-News-Steve-Bruce-Ross-McCormack-Fulham-Quotes-Gossip-Latest-AVFC

Adomah says debutant Henri Lansbury is already shouting the odds following his £3m move from Nottingham Forest.

“He did give us a b********g because he was really disappointed,” said Adomah.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's funny, the way Lansbury plays I expect him to be quite old, he was shouting at everyone all over the pitch, taking control of midfield, he's a proper leader. He's only 26, the same age as Westwood.  

Yeah a big difference. I like the look of Lansbury, we haven't had a leader like that in the middle for a while.

Midfielders with beards are always the making of us.

31 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Found the article:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/580874/Aston-Villa-Transfer-News-Steve-Bruce-Ross-McCormack-Fulham-Quotes-Gossip-Latest-AVFC

Adomah says debutant Henri Lansbury is already shouting the odds following his £3m move from Nottingham Forest.

“He did give us a b********g because he was really disappointed,” said Adomah.

Good we need abit of toughness in this team. I think lansbury will eventually be our captain 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

nooooo

Go to the Westwood thread, and you'll find out that he only did well because of Ashley and once Ashley tired he just gave up

Cool story.

Completely untrue, but cool.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It was to hutton I think. Whoever it was to I think it was the one I was talking about below :)

There were three that I remember. One to Amavi that was just disgusting. Another to Hutton and one to Adomah. I'm sure it's the Adomah one I'm thinking of. Regardless, an absolute delight watching him play. 

Hopefully a move to a bigger club and a change of scenery will help beat some of the inconsistency out of him.

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Adomah trolls westwood

Jesus it comes to something when the winger clearly feels we have had an issue with passing the ball forwards.  What is wrong with the current incumbents that they failed to do this so often?  I mean it really is the bare essentials of the basics to be a football player at any level from a pub team upwards isn't it? 

• Like 3

I  like Lansbury. I thought he played well, and I know this is 'just stats' but I found this interesting.

Lansbury had the lowest % of forward passes of any Villa player. But he also had the most forward passes in to the final 3rd (30, to Westwood's 14). So it's as a lot of us have been saying, that Westwood just isn't brave enough. Passing sideways/backwards isn't necessarily a bad thing, but not having the bravery to play balls in to tighter areas of the pitch is definitely an issue with Westwood and Lansbury showed that  and this was a game where Westwood didn't even play too badly IMO.

Edited by kurtsimonw

There was one through ball he played for Adomah that no other Villa player could have seen or done. It's quite basic really but, unfortunately, we've not even been able to do the basics right for far too long. 

Lansbury and Hourihane are going to be the makings of a brighter future for this club. I also think Jedinak will be better off for having them alongside him in the engine room. He can concentrate on breaking up play and let them do the technical stuff. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

I think it was a great debut.

He seemed very calm on the back and didn't panic, like our current midfield.

Was always showing for the ball even with a Preston player right next to him.. Our other midfielders seem to need an acre of space to stand in before they are confident of receiving the ball without losing it.

It was finally great to watch on the first half..  Crap in the second but I think he tired and when he went off what a difference.. Back to the same old shite..  Westwood and Gardner lumping aimless balls up to nobody.

Edited by richp999

From the limited things I have seen of Lansbury and Hourihane, it seems that Lansbury likes to get in to the penaltyarea when attacking, and Hourihane likes to stay just outside to pick up any potential shooting opportunities. If this is the case, then they should complement each other really well offensively and give our wingers an easier job picking out a target.

52 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Our other midfielders seem to need an acre of space to stand in before they are confident of receiving the ball without losing it.

It's just easier to point at someone else isn't it? 

Â