Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Don't think it's a coincidence that arguably our best half of football this season came as soon as a proper midfielder walked into the team.

Also no coincidence that as he tired we got worse. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. It's a very positive sign in a way because it shows that things can get a lot better.

My biggest fear now is that he picks up some freak long-term injury.

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yep. It's a very positive sign in a way because it shows that things can get a lot better.

My biggest fear now is that he picks up some freak long-term injury.

McCormackitis? 

• Like 1

He got tired though. Understandable given the work he put in. 

Shows how we need Hourihane too. Without Lansbury I think we'd have lost yesterday. With him we drew. Had we had him and Hourihane I think we'd have won. 

So to all the people who were there yesterday, a simple question. It seemed on the commentary and from our performance in the first half a hugely positive atmosphere. Obviously it went a bit south but would it be fair to attribute that at least in some small way to the feel good factor of a "new player bounce"?

There's always a buzz around the ground when we make a new first team signing.

I still fondly remember the Man. City game and Bent's home debut...the roar when his name was announced was one of the loudest I ever remember.

At this level Lansbury will be a good player for us, same if we can get Hourihane in. Players we should've signed in the summer instead of all the attacking players.

17 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

So to all the people who were there yesterday, a simple question. It seemed on the commentary and from our performance in the first half a hugely positive atmosphere. Obviously it went a bit south but would it be fair to attribute that at least in some small way to the feel good factor of a "new player bounce"?

No I'd say it was more the act that the team were actually trying hard and playing football. Of course Lansbury had an effect on the performance but it wasn't a new player bounce on the crowd in my eyes

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

It was nothing to do with a "new player bounce" if I understand what you're trying to say correctly (as in we were all chuffed that we had a new signing so we were positive)

The atmosphere was quite flat before the game. It was only once the game started and we were actually playing well that the atmosphere grew and grew.

It was a perfect example of how the atmosphere works both ways. Yes it spurs the players on but they need to show something to get it started.

The new player had an effect certainly, but the effect was he was playing bloody well on the pitch as opposed to an intangible psychological effect on the crowd.

• Like 3

I suppose what I meant was, errr. People have alluded to signings making the rest of the team basically step it up a bit in the past. Deano being the one that sticks out in my mind. He came and everyone around him raised their game. (sort of the anti-Heskey I suppose!) 

Just filled me with a bit of hope listening in that something has clicked behind the scenes despite the end result and wondered what those were there made of it.

He hit a long pass yesterday, might have been to Adomah, and before it had barely left his boot my sister bless her was oohing and giving it a round of applause. Don't get me wrong she knows her football alright, but she's only had her ST a couple of years. I don't think she's seen a Villa player hit a long pass like that before. 

Maybe other clubs are used to it. For me it was a real treat to watch him play yesterday. Roaming around, dictating the play. Hopefully another 9 days training under his belt and they'll start to get on his wavelength. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He hit a long pass yesterday, might have been to Adomah, and before it had barely left his boot my sister bless her was oohing and giving it a round of applause. Don't get me wrong she knows her football alright, but she's only had her ST a couple of years. I don't think she's seen a Villa player hit a long pass like that before. 

Maybe other clubs are used to it. For me it was a real treat to watch him play yesterday. Roaming around, dictating the play. Hopefully another 9 days training under his belt and they'll start to get on his wavelength. 

That long down BMH and we'll teach him the villa way.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It was to hutton I think. Whoever it was to I think it was the one I was talking about below :)

On 21/01/2017 at 22:45, Stevo985 said:

I enjoyed it when Westwood played a lovely cross field pass to Hutton. 

Then about 2 minutes later Lansbury made exactly the same pass, except it was a little bit further and a little bit more accurate and a little bit more difficult and basically just obviously a better pass. 

Anything you can do sprang to mind :)

On 22/01/2017 at 00:14, DCJonah said:

nooooo

Go to the Westwood thread, and you'll find out that he only did well because of Ashley and once Ashley tired he just gave up

Â